News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Core i5-1235U performance debut: Gateway Ultra Slim 14.1 GWTC51427 laptop review

Started by Redaktion, July 02, 2022, 21:53:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

You don't have to spend four digits just to experience the latest generation of Intel processors. The 2022 Gateway Ultra Slim comes with a 12th gen Intel CPU that rivals the popular Core i7-1165G7 for nearly half the price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Core-i5-1235U-performance-debut-Gateway-Ultra-Slim-14-1-GWTC51427-laptop-review.631955.0.html

Erik

I'm unlikely to every buy one of these laptops because I understand they're not sold outside of Walmart's chain (and I live in Italy), but does it support NVMe in both/either M2 slots? Adding another 512GB or even 1TB NVME drive is a relatively cheap upgrade nowadays, the SATA one could be kept as a storage drive. All in all it's not a bad offer at all, albeit I would spend a bit more for a 16GB option if it does exist.

DJ

I was told via "official Gateway response" that both M.2 slots only support SATA III. Honestly that's fast enough, and I do have an extra NVMe laying around. Oh well. I also asked about soldering more RAM just to hear what they'd say and they said can't be done (although I know it can). It's a good ultra-thin notebook, but battery life could be better; I was a bit surprised to see it has only a 4,500 mAh battery... My phone has a bigger battery.

smartyman88

How did you find out that this laptop supports Power Delivery (PD) for USB-C charging? I can't find official information.

DoomSlayerrr

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview