News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

4 superb M2 MacBook Pro alternatives for Windows users that can't stand macOS

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2022, 12:40:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Between bright OLED displays and powerful processor platforms, Apple's refreshed M2 MacBook Pro 13 doesn't bring all that much to the table in terms of upgrades. Is the infamous notch worth living with for the convenience of macOS? If not, which Windows laptops should you spring for instead?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/4-superb-M2-MacBook-Pro-alternatives-for-Windows-users-that-can-t-stand-macOS.631949.0.html

pR

at least Asus ZenBook S 13 OLED might be alternative only to Macbook Air M2, not PRO, but... what kind of alternative it is if it's not available yet (neither in Europe, nor in US).

Craig Federighi

There are no alternative to Apple and never will be, because it was never about the specs.
Here how everything is put together matters, from software to hardware, the intuitiveness and attention to detail in design, engineering and presentation is always next level and not an afterthought like others.

How about battery life not everyone likes to work in data centers.

The Werewolf

Dude, no disrespect, but you come across as someone desperate to prove to everyone else that you made the right choice.

The article starts with the disclaimer "laptops for people who don't like macOS" - did you honestly think haranguing the target audience was going to endear them to your view?

So, try this: start from the same position as the author - laptops for people who do not - for whatever reason - find macOS and Apple appealing or find macOS counterintuitive or difficult to use. I know it'll be hard to do, but give it a try.

In my own case, I used to be a Mac developer for 17 years. I even worked with Apple on projects. But the shift in user design in MacOS X for my workflows actually made it less intuitive and easy to use than Windows.

Want a really simple example? Drag a folder of files from one hard drive to another where there's a folder of the same name. Windows handles this brilliantly - copying all unique files first, then asking you how to handle duplicates and giving you two levels of choice: bulk decision or file by file. The macOS version of this is just insane.

We get it - you love Apple. And that's cool. Diversity and options are a good thing. But unwind the team scarf a bit and accept that other people don't and that too is ok.

Gus Oliva

Main reason for me to buy a macbook is to get rid of windows. So...if someone doesn't like MacOs they can pretty much choose any other laptop available.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview