News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony INZONE M3 and M9 monitors with exclusive PS5 features have their specs and price estimates leaked ahead of new product showcase event

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2022, 12:17:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Sony INZONE M3 and INZONE M9 gaming monitors have had their specs leaked before an expected unveiling at an upcoming showcase event. Along with that, the same source has offered up "around" prices for the INZONE M3 and INZONE M9, which apparently come with PlayStation 5 exclusive features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-INZONE-M3-and-M9-monitors-with-exclusive-PS5-features-have-their-specs-and-price-estimates-leaked-ahead-of-new-product-showcase-event.632087.0.html

atjup

That is a steep asking price for the M9.  The LG GP950 is about $800 currently and has the exact same specs.

mixedfish

Quote from: atjup on June 28, 2022, 19:08:49That is a steep asking price for the M9.  The LG GP950 is about $800 currently and has the exact same specs.

Why do you guys always compare street price to MSRP? Do you think there will be zero sales on the Sony?

Like the LG GP950 was announced at $899, not exactly "steep".

Daniel Fineman

Quote from: atjup on June 28, 2022, 19:08:49That is a steep asking price for the M9.  The LG GP950 is about $800 currently and has the exact same specs.

There are differences when you dig into the details.

The LG GP950 has an edge lit display with only 15–16 local dimming zones in vertical bands. That means that there is significant blooming when using local dimming. The Sony Inzone M9 is not edge lit and has 96 direct lit local dimming zones. According to Hardware Unboxed, it offers a true HDR experience. It's far superior to the LG in HDR performance despite the fact that both achieved HDR600 certification.

The LG has a max sustained brightness of 450 nits. The Sony achieved 840 nits (full screen). Both results are as tested by Hardware Unboxed. The Sony is brighter and has true local dimming capability with far reduced blooming due to the significantly higher local dimming zone count.

The Sony also has a built-in KVM Switch. The LG does not. The Sony also has built-in speakers. The LG does not.

The LG does have one key advantage. Refresh rate can be boosted to 160Hz. My GPU can't achieve 160Hz at 4K in the latest AAA games but if someone has a couple of 3090s or better in SLI, and can make use of 160Hz, or if they play a lot of less demanding older titles, the LG can hit higher refresh rates. The LG also claims that they will add support for 144Hz over HDMI 2.1 in the future. However HDMI is currently capped at 120Hz on both monitors. If LG does improve refresh rates with a firmware update, they will also have a refresh rate advantage in HDMI gaming.

As for me, I'd prefer the Sony for the superior HDR performance, KVM switch and built-in speakers. That said, my 140W laptop RTX 3070 can really only handle QHD resolution so I won't be buying a 4K monitor for at least 2–3 more years.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview