News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

VAIO FE 14.1 presented with Intel Alder Lake-U series processors in the US

Started by Redaktion, June 23, 2022, 23:13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

VAIO had introduced the FE 14.1, an affordable laptop powered by Intel Alder Lake-U series processors. Available in the US from US$699, the VAIO FE 14.1 is also available with 16 GB of RAM and 1TB of storage. The VAIO FE 14.1 features a 1080p display too, as well as more ports than competing laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/VAIO-FE-14-1-presented-with-Intel-Alder-Lake-U-series-processors-in-the-US.631298.0.html

kek

If anything, these screams ODM from far away. And seeing that they are meant for Walmart, I would stay away from them.

gc

Yay, great to see mouse buttons. I prefer buttons so pointer never moves a pixel when clicking to position graphics, and so click isn't misrecognized as a drag.

Keyboard:

Great to see full size arrow keys.  I frequently reposition cursor when editing text, programs, and spreadsheets.
And page-up/page-down are not too close.   In contrast, on some keyboards, when trying to adjust position by arrow keys, I accidentally hit page-up or page-down, and scroll by page far away.

Great to see dedicated home/end keys.   I frequently use home/end to move to beginning/end of line of text or row of spreadsheet, or to quickly select that region with one-handed shift-home/shift-end.

(I'm surprised there is no num-lock.  On rare occasions I use it type an alt-NNNN key for a symbol.)

IOpa

This is the laptop I would really like to buy. There is no other laptop currently available with full size arrow keys and dedicated pg/pd, home/end, ins/del properly located. The keyboard and the track pad is properly aligned with the center of the unit.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview