News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung has 50 million smartphones lying around in its inventory due to low demand

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2022, 15:00:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new report suggests that 18% of Samsung's inventory, or 50 million smartphones, are lying around in its warehouses. They are mostly mid-range Galaxy A series devices which haven't sold well because of low demand.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-has-50-million-smartphones-lying-around-in-its-inventory-due-to-low-demand.630212.0.html

Charles Davis

Specs are horrible: not a single non-flagship model over 128GB, and very few over 4gb Ram.
Plus, not all received the promised miniPay, or even Android 12 yet.

And all their flagships have serious hardware problems \ shortcomings- Flip, Fold, S22, even LTE Watch 4...
PAY lost MST...& most it's better perks.

Then Android 12 is horrible + disabled use of Automatic Call Recorders & Clipboard Managers.

If you root Pay + banking & gambling apps stop working...

2022 forgettable year for Samsung, Google, Android.

ubuxnu

I shall not be buying another Samsung phone until

1. It has a headphone jack.
2. I can overwrite its firmware with something better.

These requirements will never be met because Samsung is as pig-headed as LG was.

RobertJasiek

As I do not have my first smartphone yet, I am a potential buyer. Smartphone hardware has been good enough for me for at least 7 years now. Samsung also offers simple, solid devices. Hence, I might buy one of those smartphones at a bargain in principle. However,...

- There must be no notch / drop / hole.
- The aspect ratio must be at most 16:9.
- There must be no curved edges. (Summary of the last three aspects: the smartphone fashion of the last years opposes my needs. The earlier fashion fit my chassis design needs perfectly.)
- I do not buy Exynos.
- I want plain Andoid instead of crap GUI additions and bootloader lockdown mechanisms.
- Most importantly, there must be at least 7, better 15, years of Android updates.
- Google's Android data / privacy violations provide very great purchase demotivation. If Google complied by related EU laws no questions asked, I would have bought a smartphone many years ago if also the previous aspect would have been fulfilled.
- Samsung replacement batteries are forged like hell. Therefore, it must be very easy to purchase batteries directly from Samsung in Germany for at least 7 years.

Gigi d Agostino

Big manufactures don't understand that they don't have the right price.
Why I will purchase a phone for $1200 that does the same thing in the last 5 years, same apps, samescreen, same Interface. They force you to buy new when you get updates to your phone that star slow down the system and you get annoyed and frustrated of how slow it becomes
We purchase innovation different futures and functionality, until they understand that the customer will continue reducing the purchasing and extending longer the life if their devices.

Z

Samsung lost me as a customer when they started shipping phones without microSD slot and headphone jack.
Also no charging brick included in the name of saving the environment.
If you want to save the environment then make phones with headphone jack.

Russel

AlyfePoisonBunny

They could give the phones at a discount price to other countries in need or to schools for kids and families to have phones in not only the US but everywher. BETTER yet they can dismantle them and use parts for new phones...just a thought. RECYCLING PHONE PARTS SHOULD BE A THING EVERYWHERE. Perhaps use the parts to make hand held gaming devices for retro gaming....who knows or a robot just don't toss them in a landfill we gotta protect our planet.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview