News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus is the cheapest it's ever been at $700 USD with Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and 128 GB SSD

Started by Redaktion, June 19, 2022, 05:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Raj SB

Please do not buy Surface Pros! I learnt this by burning two big holes in my pocket! Purchase a Surface Pro 6 and a Surface Pro 7.  Both failed with a ir-repairable ghost Screen issues.  Microsoft simply offered to give a me a refurbished model if I am ready to pay 450 USD?!!! Yes, after I paid full amount for my laptop, I had to pay another 450+shipping for a broken+fixed laptop which has no guarantee. Talking about customer service.  So, I purchased the LCD screen in ebay for 120 USD + shipping, paid 50USD to fix it to make it work.  Finally, all the Surface Pros from 5 series on wards they have this issue with the screen. So, DONT BUY THEM.

heffeque

Quote from: Raj SB on June 19, 2022, 06:49:55Please do not buy Surface Pros! I learnt this by burning two big holes in my pocket! Purchase a Surface Pro 6 and a Surface Pro 7.  Both failed with a ir-repairable ghost Screen issues.  Microsoft simply offered to give a me a refurbished model if I am ready to pay 450 USD?!!! Yes, after I paid full amount for my laptop, I had to pay another 450+shipping for a broken+fixed laptop which has no guarantee. Talking about customer service.  So, I purchased the LCD screen in ebay for 120 USD + shipping, paid 50USD to fix it to make it work.  Finally, all the Surface Pros from 5 series on wards they have this issue with the screen. So, DONT BUY THEM.
Good thing warranty is legally 3 years minimum in Europe.

In another note, Surface Pro 6 i5 still working wonders as a friend's main computer with not issues whatsoever. Our respective encounters with Surface Pros are statistically irrelevant.

Enrico Frahn

Quote from: heffeque on June 20, 2022, 00:19:38Good thing warranty is legally 3 years minimum in Europe.

Hi heffeque,
the minimum warranty length in the EU is actually just two years, and it must be given by the retailer, not the manufacturer of the device.

RajSB

Quote from: heffeque on June 20, 2022, 00:19:38In another note, Surface Pro 6 i5 still working wonders as a friend's main computer with not issues whatsoever. Our respective encounters with Surface Pros are statistically irrelevant.

Your point is like "you watched your friend using surface all the time!".  At least my experience is first hand and more relevant than those paid surveys/statistics.  You should plunk 2000 USD and then you should talk, not using someone's money!

heffeque

Quote from: Enrico Frahn on June 20, 2022, 00:39:18Hi heffeque,
the minimum warranty length in the EU is actually just two years, and it must be given by the retailer, not the manufacturer of the device.

Hello Enrico,

You are right. It must be particular to Spain: https://www.lifewire.com/how-spains-mandatory-three-year-warranty-could-change-everything-5183742

Best regards,
heffeque

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview