News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zen 4, Zen 5, RDNA 3, and RDNA 4: AMD reveals key details about upcoming CPU and GPU architectures

Started by Redaktion, June 14, 2022, 05:04:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has shared a lot of details about its upcoming CPUs and GPUs at the Financial Analyst Day 2022. The company revealed that the next-generation Zen 4 architecture will bring more than 25% improvement in performance-per-watt. Similarly, the Radeon RX 7000 "Raphael" cards is also set to offer a double-digit increase in efficiency.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zen-4-Zen-5-RDNA-3-and-RDNA-4-AMD-reveals-key-details-about-upcoming-CPU-and-GPU-architectures.627277.0.html

RobertJasiek

Anonymousgg

Quote from: RobertJasiek on June 14, 2022, 08:16:23I am only interested in Zen 4 if it launches with at most 65W for 8 cores.

That's a goofball thing to say since you can underclock/undervolt manually or use Ryzen Master to set the TDP as 65W or even 35W.

RobertJasiek

I did not know this, thanks for the info!

However, I am not happy with undervolting/clocking a CPU. For the CPU, I want simplicity and maximal stability. Altering its settings might or might not work depending on main board and UEFI version. Complexity is already large enough for my taste if I have to undervolt/clock the GPU and play with fan curves. Besides, high TDP CPUs tend to be more expensive. I prefer to buy the most suitable CPU.

ihateanonao

Quote from: Anonymousgg on June 14, 2022, 14:23:48
Quote from: RobertJasiek on June 14, 2022, 08:16:23I am only interested in Zen 4 if it launches with at most 65W for 8 cores.

That's a goofball thing to say since you can underclock/undervolt manually or use Ryzen Master to set the TDP as 65W or even 35W.

No, You claim its a goofball thing to say, reality is it isnt if it cant handel it by default to properly meet the peformnance claims at 65w its not good enough to warrant a purchase to me or the other commentor and as a consumer that is my right.

Roan

Limiting tdp to 65w is not clocking/undervolting. And I would say improves stability. I do it all the time with my 5800x.

Nothing wrong with buying higher tdp cpu and limiting it. Will increase your perf per watt considerably.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview