News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 13 in review: Lightweight 2-in-1 laptop with stylus input and OLED display

Started by Redaktion, June 13, 2022, 10:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Weighing only 1,040 grams, the Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 scores points with an Alder Lake CPU, Thunderbolt 4, and very good battery life. Positive: The laptop is completely silent when required. The OLED touchscreen can be used both with the fingers as well as with the included S-Pen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Book2-Pro-360-13-in-review-Lightweight-2-in-1-laptop-with-stylus-input-and-OLED-display.628025.0.html

My Two Cents

Two important cons missing from your list:
1. The power button/fingerprint reader is where the Delete key should be. I've turned off the laptop more than once simply trying to delete something.

2. There's no IR camera for facial recognition. I didn't check this before buying it since it said it supported Hello and my 7+ year old Surface Pro 4 had this. How can this new device not have this?? I read it was for "slim bezels" but that can't be true since the  bezel under the lcd is huge. The fingerprint reader is okay, but sometimes slow or you have to do it a few times. My SP4 recognizing my face is much easier!

RobertJasiek

Quote from: My Two Cents on June 14, 2022, 03:17:441. The power button/fingerprint reader is where the Delete key should be. I've turned off the laptop more than once simply trying to delete something.

I share your concern but you can go to Windows energy settings and turn off the power button's off functionality (chosen action: "do nothing") to avoid losing data.

_MT_

Quote from: LL on June 14, 2022, 05:05:37Hyper portable laptop that cannot be used in outside in a cafe... brilliant!
Glossy screens are devil's invention. And they can be annoying indoors as well (overhead lighting, bright surfaces). I don't get it. Reflections bother me much more than vividness of colours. And what use is a colour-accurate display when reflections are screwing up the picture? I guess I have wrong priorities.

Dorby

As much as I adore my Asus laptop with Samsung OLED display and all content in real HDR, I have to agree. Not hitting the bare minimum "600 Nits" on a 2-in-1 (not just any but on high-end 1500€ model) is an instant deal breaker.

My iPad Pro 2017 model from 5 years ago had 600 Nits. At the time I switched over from Samsung Galaxy Tab because the Tab's screen was way too dim for my windowed office, buses, trains, outdoor cafes, you name it. Add to that, it's sunny all year long where I live so anything under 600 Nits just doesn't cut it.

Another thing to note is that Apple's universal "Anti-Reflective Glossy" finish is far better at countering sunlight than most "Anti-Glare Matte" coating used on windows laptops. Even at 500 Nits where most premium laptops are sitting at in 2022, cheaply made matte finish creates "light blooming effect" that makes it impossible to use a device outdoors.

Samsung did have it all figured out - their Q-LED displays on 2020 Galaxy Book laptops were 750 Nits, the best LCD at the time. They should have continued to sell and refine that technology for all 2-in-1 laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview