News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Confusion surrounds Windows 11's minimum hardware requirements as Microsoft pushes the OS to unsupported PCs

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2022, 22:08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft pushed a preview of Windows 11 22H2 to Windows Insiders with unsupported hardware on Tuesday. Following the sudden availability of the update, users took to Reddit to share their experiences and speculate about the reason behind the update showing up for PCs that don't meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11. Microsoft later confirmed that it was bug.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Confusion-surrounds-Windows-11-s-minimum-hardware-requirements-as-Microsoft-pushes-the-OS-to-unsupported-PCs.626784.0.html

JoeyFerrera

Windows 11 adoption must be so low according to Microsoft's expectations that they must come up with tricks to shove it in your face and force you to update. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of more "oopsies" within the year.

BinToss

The main security feature that involves hardware capabilities is called TPM. Trusted Platform Module can be provided via a hardware module that attaches to TPM pins on a motherboard or via CPU.
Windows uses TPM for "...services like BitLocker drive encryption , Windows Hello, and others, to securely create and store cryptographic keys, and to confirm that the operating system and firmware on your device are what they're supposed to be, and haven't been tampered with."
- support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/what-is-tpm-705f241d-025d-4470-80c5-4feeb24fa1ee
- docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/tpm/trusted-platform-module-overview

However, TPM 2.0 (current standard) isn't bulletproof. There have been multiple exploits discovered in recent years that allow attackers to bypass security provided by TPM.

2018 - darkreading.com/security-management/encryption/exploitable-flaws-found-in-trusted-platform-module-20/a/d-id/745759
2019 - zdnet.com/article/tpm-fail-vulnerabilities-impact-tpm-chips-in-desktops-laptops-servers/
2021 - arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/08/how-to-go-from-stolen-pc-to-network-intrusion-in-30-minutes/

Macros Media

I am currently using windows 11 on my dual core laptop and it's running smoothly which was lagging with windows 10 previously. Just I have bypassed the tpm requirements with original windows 11 ISO file.

Roy Donn

Windows 11 running stable from its launch on my 11 year old Acer Aspire 8943g laptop with Intel gen 1 core i7-720QM processor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview