News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Starlink – What it is and who it is for

Started by Redaktion, June 05, 2022, 14:40:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Starlink provides high speed, low latency broadband download speeds of up to 250 Mbps with no data limits and no contract; and download speeds of up to 500 Mbps if you have signed up for the business plan. The Starlink order process is exemplary, it's a breeze to install, the equipment is slick, it's portable, and it can provide redundancy when land-based communications infrastructure is compromised.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Starlink-What-it-is-and-who-it-is-for.613318.0.html

_MT_

Is this a sponsored article? I went to starlink.com (your own link) and according to their website, the hardware costs $15600 (not a typo) and monthly fee is §2579 for residential and $3259 for RV. It's straight up on the first page right at the top. Care to explain that?

_MT_

Got it, it's a hiccup on their website. Not sure whether it actually applies to anyone or whether it's some forgotten nonsense. I noticed that GB is selected in the menu (USD on a British site?); chose DE instead and prices are normal (€99 per month).

Jaime Boling

I have had Starlink for three weeks now. I ordered Starlink RV because I felt I would receive the equipment sooner. We were previously paying approximately $321 a month with via sat. We recently moved to a very rural area on 30 acres. I have never had an issue in our past homes getting coax or fiber, so boy was that up for a huge surprise. With via sat the max upload speed we could obtain what is .9 and download 1.2 Max. Below I posted our speeds results via Starlink's service. THEY ARE INSANE AWESOME FOR US!!! We literally had to turn our Wi-Fi off to stream or talk on our cell phones. As of this morning our upload speed via Starlink RV was Sterling Services for the RV plan are 130 per month, no contract, a one time equipment charge of $599. I honestly test our speeds on various websites because it's fun to see how fast our Internet is now after the torture we have lived through via via sat and the other couple of providers we tried before the God sent Starlink. The prices you saw Must've been some typo or glitch because I've never seen Sterling's website list the equipment for the home service or RV service over $599 US dollars.

DOWNLOAD
Mbps
UPLOAD
Mbps
Pingms98254146Jitterms45.1

Connections
Multi
Hart Telephone Co
Hartwell, GA
SpaceX Starlink

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview