News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 IV: New camera giant has a 40 MP sensor from the Huawei P30 Pro and the Sony IMX557 from the Xperia 1 II

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2022, 13:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony may have equipped the Xperia 1 IV with three 12 MP rear-facing cameras, but HWiNFO appears to tell a different story. In fact, the Xperia 1 IV not only borrows from the Huawei P30 Pro, but also from the Xperia 1 II and Xperia 1 III.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-IV-New-camera-giant-has-a-40-MP-sensor-from-the-Huawei-P30-Pro-and-the-Sony-IMX557-from-the-Xperia-1-II.623151.0.html

S.Yu

...According to this report, they would be using the center ~25% area of a 1/1.7", inside a purported 1/3.4"...periscope. In that case they would need two prisms, not to mention significant internal space wasted for the need to make room around the sensor.

Trent

Not sure this is the device but I did hear that Sony is going to use a monstrous sensor that would come closer to a stand alone camera. 

S.Yu

Quote from: Trent on May 31, 2022, 04:42:56
Not sure this is the device but I did hear that Sony is going to use a monstrous sensor that would come closer to a stand alone camera.
The Pro-I already uses a 1" sensor, in line with their RX100 and RX10 series, but it's heavily cropped, like the RX0 series.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview