News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra comparison: Snapdragon 8 Gen. 1 vs. Exynos 2200 - is Europe being cheated?

Started by Redaktion, May 29, 2022, 11:26:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Many prospective buyers of a Galaxy S22 Ultra would have certainly preferred a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen. 1 in Europe as well. Especially because the Xclipse 920 GPU was somewhat disappointing in our review. Is the Galaxy S22 Ultra with an Exynos SoC worth buying at all? We clarify this in the following comparison review.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S22-Ultra-comparison-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-vs-Exynos-2200-is-Europe-being-cheated.623025.0.html

PipoPT

I've got fooled once, with S21U, and twice with the S22U (thinking about the new AMD partnership). This is and will be my last Exynos. Temperature, throttle and power management issues. Battery just flies..

pilarius

Judging by your provided camera samples I like most of the photos produced by the Exynos variant more than those from Snapdragon. Also your speed comparison of 12GB/256GB vs 8GB/128GB seems a bit unfair - I am pretty sure that storage speed differs even between memory capacities.

ThephotoguyR5

The big problem for me is the fact they use two different SoCs and it creates an uneasiness in me and plenty more potential buyers of the S22 Ultra.
I have posted earlier that it's kind of hard to feel hyped about buying the exynos version here in Europe when they doesn't even release the phone with that SoC in their own country and that makes me feel that we get the "leftovers" here in Europe since I'm pretty sure they would use the most powerful SoC in their own country due to the national pride people in Korea feel about their corporations (well maybe not all things the corporations do)

Weirdly enough the exynos versions of the ultras S20/S21 constantly produce way to bright photos where you have to manually dial down the exposure slider about 25% to get a picture that doesn't look totally washed out.
Compare that to the Snapdragon version looking at daylight pictures taken, they are much more natural looking and balanced.

Exynos also tend to give more pronounced halo effects around the edges then the Snapdragon version, more aggressive skin smoothing and overall less detail.

So I do hate the exynos photo processing with s passion and usually import the pictures i like into Lightroom mobile to make em look "normal" and fix them up.

The above statements are made in comparison with my Canon R5 and viewed on a calibrated EIZO coloredge monitor.

So for all future photo shootouts, please add a real camera reference.

So unless Samsung gives the ultras here in Europe a MASSIVE price drop in not really sure about getting one at all.

Fred Dharma

I fed up with Samsung for disregarding their loyal buyers by giving no option to select either Snapdragon chip or Exynos. I bought the last Samsung phone five years ago in Europe without knowing that its equipped with Exynos and its performance 15-25% less than Snapdragon CPU for the same price with Snapdragon option until I realized that the screen is freezing& not flowing smoothly, overheating and battery drain quickly. Why do Samsung force buyers to Exynos only in some countries??? I was a loyal customer of Samsung since 2005 but not anymore coz I dont like Garbage!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview