News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Redmi Note 11 review: Xiaomi smartphone with a 90 Hz OLED display and 1,000 nits at an absolute bargain price

Started by Redaktion, May 26, 2022, 05:39:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For a price of less than 200 Euros (~$214), the Redmi Note 11 features a very interesting technical configuration. First of all, the very bright AMOLED panel including its 90 Hz refresh rate and excellent calibration is a unique selling point. Read on to find out where users will have to compromise with the Xiaomi phone.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Redmi-Note-11-review-Xiaomi-smartphone-with-a-90-Hz-OLED-display-and-1-000-nits-at-an-absolute-bargain-price.621966.0.html

Ednumero

Would you be able to clarify the directional axes in that subpixel matrix photo?

As taken, it presents the phone as having a full RGB matrix (two Gs per pixel), which would be huge. But as we know, these mobile OLED panels are almost always Diamond-PenTile, which means the matrices are tilted at 45 degrees and we get halved resolution in the reds and blues.

I would also consider it important as a review site to clarify such information when mentioning the resolution numbers, e.g. "6.43 inch 20:9, 2400(RGB) x 1080" vs "6.43 inch 20:9, 2400(RG / BG) x 1080" but the first step is being aware of the issue when taking the matrix photo, so the information can be properly confirmed from it.

ruud.schmitz

Redmi Note 11 | 128 GB | 4 GB RAM | 230 Euro (~$247) (MSRP)

Redmi Note 11 | 128 GB | 4 GB RAM | 260 Euro (~$279) (MSRP)

What's the difference except 30 euro?

2bad

I have a Xiaomi Redmi note 9 that I consider to be one of the best phones I ever owned. Great features, price, use ability.
Unfortunately in the US the major telecoms do not support Xiaomi. Their representatives and tech support give various false reasons why they don't support these phones but I've searched and it's not practical to find even a virtual operator that will support the Xiaomi brand.  :'(

Barebooh

"Bargain price" indeed. Just your soul -> goes to the Chinese.
poor lee wang (12) getting whipped the living sh*t out of is not your problem. no. you gotta CONSOOOM 'cool new product'...

NikoB

Smartphones that do not have video recording in 4k@60Hz mode in H265(HEVC), with OIS, should be the de-facto standard today in 2022! Smartphones for $100-150 in 2015 could do 4k@25-30fps in H264. It's been 7(!) years! It's a shame for Qualcomm that they are still producing SoC's in 2022 without 4k@60Hz video recording capability in this segment, i.e. the ability to edit video in from 4k to 1080p without quality loss.

In top-end smartphones, the norm for today (should be) is 8k@60Hz video recoding, i.e. the ability to edit video without loss of quality in 4k.

RAM costs a penny. At least 8GB today for this price with the monstrously memory-consuming android 12...

Well, OLED with PWM 174Hz is not needed, for your eyes, if you take care of them, of course. You need IPS with a minimum contrast of 1500:1.

Well, the battery would be normal if it was for 2000-3000 cycles with fast charging (1 hour to 100% and 75% in 30 minutes) before the capacity drops by 25%...

Josh

Quote from: Barebooh on May 29, 2022, 19:44:37"Bargain price" indeed. Just your soul -> goes to the Chinese.
poor lee wang (12) getting whipped the living sh*t out of is not your problem. no. you gotta CONSOOOM 'cool new product'...

Lol, just because Huawei had a data privacy dilemma, doesnt mean all chinese are like that, for all we know, there are
other legit chinese companies out there like Xiaomi that are trying to make a mark in tech space.

Angie

Please do  not buy Xiaomi, it is the wrost phone I´ve ever had. I have talked with many friends who have Xiaomi and all of us have the same opinion: It´s slow, the applications stop to work (meaning you cannot have some apps open at the same time as you can with other phones). First and last time that I buy this brand.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview