News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 9315t: XPS 2-in-1 leaks as Dell looks to take on the Microsoft Surface Pro 8

Started by Redaktion, May 25, 2022, 14:27:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems that Dell is getting back into the world of 2-in-1 devices with the XPS 9315t. Rumoured to be a Surface Pro 8 competitor, the XPS 13 9315t is rumoured to be launching 'relatively soon' with a detachable keyboard and pen support.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-9315t-XPS-2-in-1-leaks-as-Dell-looks-to-take-on-the-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-8.622158.0.html

Tryol

They downgraded the HP Spectre x360, and now this monstrosity... The high-end 2-in-1 market is in a really bad state. :(

mjw149

I think there's a real opportunity here. Microsoft has slowed down the development of the Surface line, it's quite static lately. The support lifecycle has actually DECREASED, which is so unusual not only for a Windows PC but considering that MS just a couple years ago had 10 year old PCs running Windows 10 (albeit not their PCs, which are only turning 10 this year).

They've really become a bit bipolar on their famous backwards compatibility and long support policies. Of course, this is because they sell hardware now.

Ma14

We want a laptop AND a tablet.
This is no laptop. It will not sit on my lap as I try to type.

Lorry

Lack of expandable storage, microSD, headphone jack, battery replacement, and general reparability kills it for me.

Thinkpad X12 is still the best detachable IMO.

Graduate

I know that this design is beautiful, is it can be teardown....?
If it not, this can not be my macbook m1 replacement dow......

lizclarkncats

What is Dell thinking? I replaced the MS "keyboard" for my Surface Pro 6 with the Brydge keyboard that worked like a true laptop "on my lap". I eventually replaced the SP6 with the Dell 9310 2 in 1 which I love. It does everything I need and want it to! Could wish for a dedicated graphics card. When I saw your article I was appalled. I WILL NOT purchase another unit that cannot rise to my needs without additional purchases, propping, taking it a part and putting it back together for different uses, etc. Another commentary was right, the current 2 in 1 choices are mostly poor. In needing 32 Gb of ram I was severely limited. Dell, please don't get rid of a great 2 in 1 format!

DRTigerlilly

This is a step backward, why would we go back to the design of the 2017 Samsung Galaxy Book 12, which was a failure with this hinge in the cover, limiting viewing angles, and as other posters have mentioned, moving away from the stabiliity and lapabilty of the previous xps 13 2-in-1's...

This is such a disappointment...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview