News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 13 review: Subnotebook with efficient Alder Lake i5

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2022, 18:30:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Galaxy Book2 weighs less than 1 kg and is powered by a 12th generation Intel i5. It is also extremely thin thanks to its OLED display. The result is an extremely portable notebook that Samsung has endowed with stamina and performance, but also with the usual weaknesses.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Book2-Pro-13-review-Subnotebook-with-efficient-Alder-Lake-i5.621176.0.html

Lorry

I don't know how you guys are getting over 11 hours runtime.
If you occasionally use the pen (which is the point of this laptop), the battery life gets heavily reduced to just around 5 hours.

https://youtu.be/EDHPNUlSc5I?t=321

chrisDo

5800u is more than happy if limited to 20-25W. same thermals and battery life but twice the performance. looks like a winner to me

Kyle Walls

I would be willing try this out but Samsung is known for even cheaper build quality as evidence by the two different Ativ models I had which suffered hardware failure in just over a year.

Spanner

I don't know why Samsung is making laptops so thin. It's only good for marketing ig but performance suffers. Also the chassis is not a little bit rigid so doesn't feel like a premium product. Really disappointed with the Samsung approach.

Apathy Zen

Fujitsu Lifebook WU-X/G2 weighs only 634 grams!
Any chances reviewing it in the future?

NikoB

Ha, ha, ha. And where is OLED's vaunted infinite contrast? Shameful 5700:1 and still PWM at 61Hz! Horror for the eyes and no black in complete darkness? And what for is this even necessary?

You can also forget about full support for Static HDR with shameful 5700:1 instead of 1000000:1 often promised by marketers. =)
The processor is strangled in TDP so that it loses to Yoga by 2 times in CBR15 sustained, but at the same time, the laptop is just hellishly noisy in an average load! Samsung engineers screwed up completely...

Yes, Samsung is far from a branded laptop manufacturer. IT has already left this market, but another attempt is extremely unsuccessful.

Sharos

Hello, Thank you for your investigation I truly appreciatte it.
I wanted to ask about what version of HDMI model has this Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro, THANK YOU

ouss

Quote from: Lorry on May 20, 2022, 20:42:12I don't know how you guys are getting over 11 hours runtime.
If you occasionally use the pen (which is the point of this laptop), the battery life gets heavily reduced to just around 5 hours.

I've got the carbon copy of the laptop in the review,
and I totally agree with Lorry's comment.

How's anyone getting close to 9 hours of battery life with "web surfing at max brightness"? I'm barely hitting 5-6 hours, and that's with medium brightness and silent mode on.
Even after a fresh Windows install, I'm still topping out at 5-7 hours max.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview