News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Victus 16 review: Affordable gaming laptop with AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2022, 01:23:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the most affordable version of the Victus 16, HP combines a Ryzen 5 5600H with a GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, which promises plenty of performance for the 144-Hz FHD display. If it only wasn't for the mediocre image quality...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Victus-16-review-Affordable-gaming-laptop-with-AMD-CPU-and-Nvidia-GPU.621004.0.html

Ednumero

16" 16:9 is the tease we don't need in a market where 16:10 is coming back, and 16" is most commonly a 16:10 size. It also looks out of place in this lid, where the taller narrower display would fit so nicely.

Maybe that's part of why this laptop is a bit cheaper than certain 16:10 alternatives, but I can't imagine that alone would account for the cost difference.

I would also still expect it to be more expensive to source than 15.6" 16:9, so it seems like still an odd choice for a budget model. I could be wrong on that, though.

NikoB

Quote from: LL on May 20, 2022, 18:25:12
With that screen should not cost more than 700.
You are right if you evaluate this hardware in 2019 dollars, but since then, due to 10 trillion dollars printed and unsecured by commodity filling, the dollar has depreciated by more than 35% in 2.5 years! Therefore, those 700$ 2019 approximately correspond to 950$+ in May, 2022. If your income has not grown by the same 35% in 2.5 years, you got into the team of losers. All those who live on the previously earned capital in the role of rantier, especially at ridiculous banking rates on deposits (this is where bankers rob the population, are simply brutally, are also lost) - pensioners, including, since they are robbed in all countries, most of all, most of all. Since the official indexation of pensions is several times lower than referful inflation (or, if otherwise, the devaluation of all fiat currencies, primarily the dollar).

NikoB

The population of third world countries, where typical annual inflation in the region of 10%+ are familiar to such a rapid shift in the scale of prices in their local currency. Therefore, they previously saved their savings, buying up dollars and euros, where the devaluation of these currencies was once lower in a year. But now, the inhabitants of the "West" (developed countries), thanks to the madness of the banking mafia and the authorities with them in conspiracy, are welcome to the camp of great inflation of the 70s and 80s and typical of undeveloped countries. And now the inhabitants of undeveloped countries rush about in search of the "Holy Grail" of the conservation of the purchasing power of their labor earned savings. Just as residents of developed countries were swept away. While they, in the most stupid way, buy real estate, not realizing that everything will collapse soon..

Julio

HP is stating false technical specs for this machine. They state clearly in the their spec for both the Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0145ng Product Specifications and Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0179ng Product Specifications (a simple google search will yield both)

" Display

40.9 cm (16.1") diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, Low Blue Light, 300 nits, 100% sRGB"

A good colorimeter like the one you used will not make such a huge error.

Thank you for another great review-

Mmmsendal

Thank you for sharing calibrated display profile. Default display was truly unbearable. Even though I can still see the absence of wider color gamut, at least now i can enjoy watching youtube content. I advise everyone to apply it. I think its display is one of the best AMONG laptops with similiar displays (~70% srgb display) when it's calibrated. But I still highly recommend upgrading the display to 300 nits panel, as it covers 100% srgb and has delta 1.26 when it's calibrated.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview