News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 OLED UM535Q laptop review: Like an AMD-powered XPS 15

Started by Redaktion, May 14, 2022, 19:20:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

As one of the few 15.6-inch laptops to pair an AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 9 CPU with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, the ZenBook Pro 15 OLED is able to offer more performance than most other ultrathin multimedia laptops out there. We would have preferred an older GTX 1660 Ti option, however.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-Pro-15-OLED-UM535Q-laptop-review-Like-an-AMD-powered-XPS-15.617468.0.html

deksman2

Honestly, my reaction is between impressed and disappointed.
I used to have an Asus desktop replacement machine with RX 580 and Ryzen 1700... that thing was extremely loud while the GPU was in use in games, etc... as loud as a jet engine (it was unbearable) and the system burned itself out about 1 month after buying it.
Asus kept repairing it, refused to replace it, so I invoked consumer rights act and got my money back from the shop that sold me it (I claimed it wasn't fit for purpose).

I had it replaced with Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61 with Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56.
An excellent system if I say so myself. A desktop replacement and extremely quiet under load (you could barely hear it while gaming or using pro software - in actuality it was as quiet if not quieter than an actual desktop).

Acer made a great thing with that machine, but then dropped the ball by not releasing BIOS updates which would allow me to put Zen 2 and Zen 3 CPU's inside (which my B450 mobo was capable of having... and the Ryzen 2700 was removable).

Anyway, these days, I'm extremly wary of Asus laptops given what I went through the last time... and to make matters worse, most laptops have extremely poor cooling resulting in excessive noise while using the system to the maximum
As I said, my Acer is practically dead quiet while being maxed out and temps are LOW in the process.

Most modern laptops temps go extremely high, or if they don't the fans have been amped up to such a degree where you end up with ringing in your ears (and I can't stand it - also, earplugs and headphones are uncomfortable for me to wear for extended periods of time).

Why are these laptops so thin? The airflow is bad, cooling inadequate, and if you try running it at maximum for extended periods, they burn out (which shouldn't happen - if a laptop system has given hw, then I'm sorry, but the manufacturer needs to ensure they are capable of being run at maximum for extended periods of time without issues and with low noise levels - and for that, we need a thicker chassis - something I don't mind at all... but other people seem to have a fit if you suggest it, and then wonder why their laptops overheat and slow down or burnout whereas mine doesn't).

Its also increasingly difficult to impossible to find laptops with thicker chassis and properly designed cooling (thicker chassis is fine, but it won't do much if your cooling system/assembly and fans aren't properly designed to max out the cooling efficiency of the system).

Tony

Hello,

I purchased the ASUS - ZenBook Pro 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 - 16 GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - Pine Gray
Model:UM535QE-XH91TSKU:6494580

and I am having issues with connecting to wifi. My router and modem is upstairs in my media room and I use the laptop downstairs. Sometimes it works downstairs sometimes it doesn't. I have to move closer to the router in order for it to work. What are your recommendations?

Thank you,
Tony

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview