News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 10 IV launched with Snapdragon 695, brighter display, and triple 12 MP OIS camera for €499

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2022, 09:09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony, today, launched the Xperia 10 IV, which is an incremental upgrade over the Xperia 10 III. The Xperia 10 IV is powered by the Snapdragon 695 5G SoC and comes with a brighter display, 12 MP triple-camera setup with OIS, and a 6-inch 21:9 OLED display. The Xperia 10 IV will be available mid-June for €499.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-10-IV-launched-with-Snapdragon-695-brighter-display-and-triple-12-MP-OIS-camera-for-EUR499.618387.0.html

kek

I really, REALLY  hope Sony has addressed the PWM issues of their screen.
It seems this model was mostly a light refresh of the 10 III, so I really hope they focused on QoL fixes to justify that price.

Adding OIS to the main camera seems like a great step in the correct direction, so we will have to wait for the reviews in here to see if they attempted to solve the PWM issues of the screen.

pixelado92

Quote from: kek on May 11, 2022, 16:55:53
It seems this model was mostly a light refresh of the 10 III, so I really hope they focused on QoL fixes to justify that price...

I am very sensitive to PWM as well, OLED samsungs at low brightness make me sick, save few exceptions. Would you please describe what made the xperia 10 mk3 particularly bad in this area?

kek

Quote from: pixelado92 on May 11, 2022, 18:08:18
Quote from: kek on May 11, 2022, 16:55:53
It seems this model was mostly a light refresh of the 10 III, so I really hope they focused on QoL fixes to justify that price...

I am very sensitive to PWM as well, OLED samsungs at low brightness make me sick, save few exceptions. Would you please describe what made the xperia 10 mk3 particularly bad in this area?

according to notebookcheck review that you can find here if you search it, OLED screen for Xperia 10 mk3 has 120-242 hz PWM when brightness is below 61%

BUT this is actually an improvement from the disaster the Xperia 10 Mk2 was. That one had a nasty 116Hz PWM rating at all times, even at 100% brightness!

So fingers crossed they actually worked on that on this model to solve it. Seeing as they added Triluminos to the display, it means they probably put effort into improving it.

LOL

This is probably the phone to get if you're a hardcore Sony fanboy but don't want to pay a premium for all the hyped features of Xperia 1iv.

It's sad they wouldn't even include a cable in the box.

Marky Mark

And where is the review ? Both Bulgarian sites (***Arena) posted their review a few weeks ago. You're way too late Notebookcheck.

Alex Wtfson

Would also really like a review, please. Especially the PWM test that you guys do, unlike other sites.

Marky Mark

And while we are at it, don't forget about telephony and GPS quality. Now that they increased the brightness of the screen and battery, having IP65/IP68 makes this an attractive option to replace bulky outdoor phones.

Marky Mark

You need to sort out your automatic comment section, Notebookcheck. Here's what we find for this phone:

6.00":

This display is quite big for a smartphone but frequently used for smartphones.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview