News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Alder Lake-HX: First 16-core PCIe Gen 5 mobile platform launched led by the 157 W Core i9-12950HX, supplants Xeons for mobile workstations

Started by Redaktion, May 10, 2022, 20:36:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel, today, unveiled the Alder Lake-HX platform targeted at enthusiast gamers and mobile workstations. The Alder Lake-HX platform is led by the 16C/24T Core i9-12950HX with a boost TDP up to 157 W. Alder Lake-HX is also the first 16-core mobile platform and also the first to offer PCie Gen 5 on laptops. Intel is also supplanting mobile Xeons with vPro-enabled Alder Lake-HX this generation.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Alder-Lake-HX-First-16-core-PCIe-Gen-5-mobile-platform-launched-led-by-the-157-W-Core-i9-12950HX-supplants-Xeons-for-mobile-workstations.618383.0.html

kek

I know people bashed Intel a lot for their "14nm++++" refresh (and mostly due to their pricing), but these TDP boost profiles are getting ridiculous. They should seriously look into revising those limits with the newer architectures, especially on laptops.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Dorby on May 10, 2022, 22:28:23
These "mobile" CPUs makes more sense inside small form factor desktops like ITX or Mini-PC than laptops.

AMD will follow suit a year from now with Dragon Range (Raphael-H). Although I bet their version will use less power.

Ayoh

157 W? Ridiculous for a laptop. This is basically a desktop chip repackaged as a mobile chip. Yes no wonder it is a faster than the M1 Max (max 30W) if it is using 5X as much power. The M1 Ultra chip would smoke this and still only use 60W. Intel really need to work on improving their terrible efficiency

Thinkpad-User

ECC on the Xeons was the only reason to use Intel in a laptop. With no ECC option left I will give up and move to Apple's platform.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview