News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX vs. Core i7-12800H: Intel still has the edge

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2022, 03:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Our first benchmarks with the Ryzen 9 6900HX are in and while they're pretty good on their own, they're not really all that different from the competing Intel Core i7-12800H or even the older Ryzen 9 5900HX.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-6900HX-vs-Core-i7-12800H-Intel-still-has-the-edge.618249.0.html

RobertJasiek

For me, the interesting values would be setting low(!) TDP limits then measuring speed per watt.

996forever

Quote from: RobertJasiek on May 09, 2022, 06:00:16
For me, the interesting values would be setting low(!) TDP limits then measuring speed per watt.
Why when all these laptops are gaming laptops? And a laptop as small and light as the blade 14 is capable of doing 75w sustained here?

Cooe

What kind of absolute idiot is this author? You're comparing the 6900HX in a tiny 14" machine to a MASSIVE 17" Zephyrus Pro Duo for the 5900HX. THAT'S why the performance gap is so small. Maybe don't be complete freaking idiots and compare it to the previous generation Blade 14?

RobertJasiek

Quote from: 996forever on May 09, 2022, 08:42:49
Why when all these laptops are gaming laptops?

Just because manufacturers advertise some devices for one particular consumer group does not mean that they would only be capable of serving the advertised use. Quite contrarily - computers are general purpose devices for many different uses. Unless, of course, they might be crippled for the sake of focusing on a particular use too much.

ariliquin

AMD still has the edge for power verses performance leading to amazing performance and battery life, these reviews are one dimensional.

Hardware Geek

It seems obvious that the 6900hx is going to be thermally constrained 8n a laptop that small. I'd say the results here are incredibly impressive. I'd like to see a review of two similar laptops. This was a poorly done review with laptops that are so dissimilar. I doubt this represents the true performance of this processor when it so obviously is going to throttle in something that small.

Delete this article

Delete this article and newer write in notebookcheck again. This is completely nonsense

WTf notebook

Allen Ngo is stupid. Of course if you measure raw power intel will win. But what about performance/watt

leledumbo

Did you miss the launch presentation? AMD clearly stated that what they after with 6000 series is efficiency. Despite still have performance improvement, but the focus is clearly not that. While it's not wrong to only care about raw performance, but neglecting (or missing) what the creator guarantees for expectation is a significant let down.

JensU

the 6900HX's concept was to get decent cpu performance at low wattage with an incredibly fast igpu.

Pedro

LMAO. I wondered where are the power measurements even before seeing people's comments, and the fact that the author missed this, especially for a laptop CPU, is baffling. Brainlet article right there.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview