News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ryzen 7 5800X3D becomes highest-ranked AMD chip on UserBenchmark but incurs astonishing criticism in the process

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2022, 21:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D has become the highest-ranked processor from Team Red on UserBenchmark in terms of average bench. However, this still leaves the Ryzen 7 5800X3D in the somewhat lowly position of 15th place, as the highly criticized benchmark rates Alder Lake and some Rocket Lake chips as better.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-7-5800X3D-becomes-highest-ranked-AMD-chip-on-UserBenchmark-but-incurs-astonishing-criticism-in-the-process.616048.0.html

Bau

UserBenchmark it is just a shame, you can easly understand it when in the chart you see a 5950x below a 11900k...

MatthewEiraldi

AshAsh

No one takes UserBenchmark seriously do they? The reviews for all AMD CPU and GPU products are written by the site owner, and all bash AMD. The reviews for Intel and NVIDIA products all spend half their content irrelevantly attacking AMD. UserBenchmark is a completely nonsense site.

LyntonB

And such high power and heat trade off for Intel, not good in this age of energy costs and the amount more heat going to be introduced with RTX40/Lovelace

Penfold

Let's be honest.
After years of lacklustre performance Intel finally came back with a next gen product that best AMDs current gen. Albeit at the expense of power draw.

AMD aren't in a position to launch their own next gen yet. So they've bolted some extra cache onto an existing product to try and stop them losing too much market share before Zen 4 launches.?

Spunjji

"watch out for AMD's army of Neanderthal social media accounts"
When all you have left is projection, you might as well bust out the IMAX

Ophidian

User benchmarks is worthless. Whoever runs that website is either paid by Intel or just a moron. Changed the entire algorithm when AMD CPUs started beating Intel, so now the website shows amazing things like some celerons beating decent AMD chips or even high end Intel chips losing to their i3 counterparts. Every review on their website just screams shill, when the 11400F lauched they suddenly said you should get this because it's cheaper than better AMD CPUs (which is good advice, except when the roles were reversed like when everyone recommended the R5 3600 they called it bad because much more expensive Intel chips were better lol).

JS

Why would you even publish this?  Why? 

"AMD cpu ranked on benchmark universally known to be worthless."

Stuart Lunsford

Every review I've seen has been the same.  If you're a gamer looking to upgrade to the best...if you have an AM4 system, get the 5800x3d, if you don't have AM4, then build an Alder Lake system...it's pretty simple.  Userbenchmark should be banned from the internet...

Carebear-killer

Userbenchmark used to be a great site.  They had a ton of really useful data.  Then once Ryzen released and then started taking the fight to Intel, they started attacking AMD products and messing with their algorithm to favor Intel.  Suddenly the site was recommending celerons and i3s over i5s and i7s.  Then they tried fixing that and things really got wonky.   

I'm a firm believer they were either paid or are just a biased fanboy that felt they were in a position of power.   Either way they're the laughing stock of the benchmark community. 

MaxPT

Userbenchmark... Seriously, it's worse than Wikipedia. cpubenchmark is more accurate and you get actual benchmark numbers.

Will

I choose AMD and I couldn't care less about who's got the overall fastest chip or bragging rights. Your splitting hairs here with benchmarks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview