News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Laptop prices set to increase in the second half of 2022

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2022, 10:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

On account of added manufacturing costs and intense component supply chain, logistics, and assembly problems, the major laptop makers are 'mulling' an increase in prices for the second half of the year. The ongoing Covid-19 lockdowns in China, as well as the supply issues stemming from the Russian invasion of Ukraine are cited as the main culprits.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Laptop-prices-set-to-increase-in-the-second-half-of-2022.615852.0.html

Redora

Later this year, the question would become buy food, gas/fuel or a new laptop.

JamesV2

I'm still happy with my 7 year old Acer Aspire V17 Nitro. I added a fast ssd and topped up the RAM. Current laptops still often come with less ram and smaller ssd's than this old boy. And have it soldered down to the motherboard with no way of upgrading.
Laptops haven't really become much better in the interim. Jacking up the price with nothing to show for it probably isn't the best idea.

Hunter2020

All I see greedy companies conjuring up dubious reasons to artificially inflate price...  At the end of the day, the consumer will vote with their wallet. 

Hunter2020

Quote from: JamesV2 on April 27, 2022, 18:52:20
I'm still happy with my 7 year old Acer Aspire V17 Nitro. I added a fast ssd and topped up the RAM. Current laptops still often come with less ram and smaller ssd's than this old boy. And have it soldered down to the motherboard with no way of upgrading.
Laptops haven't really become much better in the interim. Jacking up the price with nothing to show for it probably isn't the best idea.

I'd be wary of old laptops.  They were made during an era where greedy companies sought to cut too many corners.  All of them use PWM dimming.  As a result if the display screen sucks the laptop becomes no good.  As far as I can tell newer laptops are very PWM-conscious.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview