News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X compares favorably to Intel Core i5-12600K on PassMark with much lower power requirements

Started by Redaktion, April 14, 2022, 23:05:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 7 5700X has been benchmarked in PassMark's test suite for both single-thread performance and overall CPU Mark. The new Zen 3 Ryzen 7 5700X churned out respectable results that put it on a similar level to the Intel Core i5-12600K but at a much lower power cost than the hybrid rival.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-5700X-compares-favorably-to-Intel-Core-i5-12600K-on-PassMark-with-much-lower-power-requirements.613556.0.html

vertigo

Quote from: Curious on April 15, 2022, 00:49:06
So the i7 and i9 used in laptops runs hotter then the i5?

Generally yes, which is why they will sometimes actually perform worse than a lower chip, because they'll throttle more. You have to check reviews for a given laptop to see if that's the case and if it's worth spending more for a "faster" CPU or if you're getting a negligible performance increase or even worse performance. And when a CPU uses more power, not only will that drain the battery faster, but running the fan(s) more to dissipate that extra heat will drain it as well.

Bau

Only after months you have understand that 1-10% more performace with 50-100% more power consumption could results in a favour to AMD in terms of efficency -_-

Very good -_-

Now I understand why the GPUs in just a cople of year have seen its TDP to jump from 250W to 450W. Yeah! More performance! Also a 486 architecture can have better performance if you allow it to consume 1GW, this does not mean "better".

Matt Yelle

This analysis is flawed. The i5 has efficient cores, so it's actually using less energy whenever your not encoding/transcoding video. Even in gaming it will use less energy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview