News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Innocn 15K1F OLED portable monitor beats most others in colors, black levels, and response times

Started by Redaktion, April 12, 2022, 06:46:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 15.6-inch portable monitor is now available for $270 USD or slightly higher than most other portable monitors of its size. Its OLED panel, however, offers a much better colors and deeper contrast than the usual IPS solution. We go over a few pros and cons during our time with a test unit.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Innocn-15K1F-OLED-portable-monitor-beats-most-others-in-colors-black-levels-and-response-times.613211.0.html

Hunter2020

Allen

Quote from: Hunter2020 on April 13, 2022, 00:57:06Does this monitor exhibit PWM?  Thats my only main concern when buying a monitor.
Yes it does, unfortunately. The flickering is present on all brightness levels.

buglamp

How is the input latency on this monitor? I have read elsewhere that it is around 40ms or 2-3 frames at 60hz. I am curious if this can be reduced by switching to game mode and sticking with 8bit colour

Chris Jame

QuoteIf you want to reach 100 percent brightness or 282 nits, then you'll need to have two cables attached to the monitor simultaneously: one dedicated for power and one dedicated for video. This can be a hassle when traveling as you'll need to carry two cables with you at all times to fully exploit the benefits of the monitor.

I 100% agree with this.  Needing two cables for full brightness is a major drawback in this screen's design.

Are you aware of any similar 15" OLED portable monitors that do not suffer from this brightness-dependence issue?  Where only a single USB-C cable could provide full 400 nits of brightness directly through the connected laptop?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview