News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ryzen 5 5500 and Ryzen 5 5600 pose more of a threat to AMD CPUs than Intel rivals, Tom's Hardware finds

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2022, 23:56:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tom's Hardware's review of the Ryzen 5 5500 and the Ryzen 5 5600 has shown that the chips fail to dominate their Intel rivals in gaming performance. Both CPUs try to go toe-to-toe with the Intel Core i5-12400 and the Intel Core i3-12100 but come up short, in most scenarios.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-5500-and-Ryzen-5-5600-pose-more-of-a-threat-to-AMD-CPUs-than-Intel-rivals-Tom-s-Hardware-finds.612029.0.html

Hardware Geek

Good! Let them fight for thr performance leadership position. In the end the consumer wins with better performance and lower prices. I might finally be convinced that it is time to upgrade from my trusty 4th gen i7.

Erik

At current prices calling the 5600 a "5600X-killer" looks like an exaggeration to me, currently on my local (Italian) Amazon the 5600X is selling for 239€, the 5600 is selling for 219€. Plenty of people will happily spend 20€ for even less than 1% of additional performance, what can you even do with 20€ nowadays? Buy an additional fan? The 5600 might have been a 5600X killer if it had been released at this price when the 5600X used to cost 300€, now it looks pretty pointless to me unless sellers will discount it soon enough.

Oy

Doesn't really matter because the price to performance is completely negated by the fact that Intel MBs & ram are selling at a premium and are in short supply. Gamers Nexus explained this incredibly well.

The irony here is that Intel has been lobbying governments for billions using the "supply chain" argument meanwhile they are having a supply problem of their own.

AMD inadvertently dodged a bullet by not releasing a new CPU during the crisis (not yet at least)

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Truther on April 06, 2022, 06:39:49
this is a prior gen compared to a current gen....

That's a cope line. These are newly launched CPUs, priced to compete directly with certain Alder Lake CPUs.

Quote from: Oy on April 06, 2022, 08:04:25
Doesn't really matter because the price to performance is completely negated by the fact that Intel MBs & ram are selling at a premium and are in short supply. Gamers Nexus explained this incredibly well.

Alder Lake can use DDR4, and Raptor Lake will also be able to drop in and use DDR4. Possibly even Meteor Lake? Nobody should lose sleep over picking DDR4 over DDR5. Expensive motherboards, sure, especially now that more older AM4 motherboards will support 5000 series.

Gamers Nexus found that the i5-12400 and Ryzen 5 5600 are basically equivalent. Even if it is -2%, I consider it a bad result for Alder Lake. Shows that it's not that great at lower power.

Quote from: Oy on April 06, 2022, 08:04:25
The irony here is that Intel has been lobbying governments for billions using the "supply chain" argument meanwhile they are having a supply problem of their own.

They are getting money because the West wants domestic fabs well out of the reach of China. Some temporarily expensive motherboards and DDR5 have nothing to do with it.

rs

Tomshardware is no good reference. They have some really suspicious Intel biased numbers. 12400 is not faster than 5600X in games. Most reviews see the 5600X faster. So, 5600 shouldn't be slower as well.

ArsLoginName

The author exudes bias the way the headline and article is written. This is a difference of 3 fps at 60 fps for the 5% difference & 1.2 fps for the 2%.  If you were at 120 fps, you better have a fantastic monitor to be able to display the difference in frames per second without monitor limits (e.g., gray-to-gray times, black-to-white). Keep 5% and 2% in gaming is clearly *beating. What about any other general purpose benchmarks? These processors are *competitive* with each other. If your salary was within 5% of a colleague, would you consider your salary competitive? How about if your vehicle had fuel economy within 5% of a competing brand? Would they not be considered competitive? Quit the bias. Put things in proper perspective. Either that or go work for wccftech. You'd fit right in with their sensationalistic headline and article writing.

liljom

I think it's super easy decision if you wanna upgrade NOW. If you have a mobo that supports Ryzen 5000, buy 5500 or 5600. If you have to buy a new mobo anyway, probably go with Intel.
If it can wait a bit, wait for AM5 mobos, and enjoy compatibility with coming CPU generations for years :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview