News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Survey finds that most people still don't care about 5G

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2022, 01:20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Affordable 5G-capable smartphones like the Xiaomi Poco M3 Pro are widely available these days. However, accessing these brand-new cellular networks, which can also bring lightning-fast data connections to other mobile devices like tablets and laptops, is still not important to many customers around the world.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Survey-finds-that-most-people-still-don-t-care-about-5G.610923.0.html

Erik

Europe is falling behind the rest of the world in adopting 5G after the US forced us to stop using Huawei's equipment, why should we care about something that we can't use?
scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3164605/5g-adoption-european-union-falling-behind-us-and-china-risks-missing

DantePierttyr

spuwho

Quote from: Erik on March 31, 2022, 01:52:34
Europe is falling behind the rest of the world in adopting 5G after the US forced us to stop using Huawei's equipment, why should we care about something that we can't use?
scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3164605/5g-adoption-european-union-falling-behind-us-and-china-risks-missing

The US can't "make" the EU do anything, nor can the EU make the US do anything. It usually falls around common interests.

Blaming the lack of Huawei for not having 5G capability is a non-starter. There are plenty of other carrier suppliers who make the equipment.

4G LTE Advanced has (so far) met most users needs. 5G is getting more attention in the business world for remote management, IoT and real time data collection.

splus

Who cares about 5G when even a good 3G, and let alone the 4G, is fast enough for a smartphone/tablet use. Everything is streaming now, no need to download anything. No need for some crazy speeds. 1080p Youtube video is the max you need.

mixedfish

The roll out is extremely poor and many cellular networks lock out imported phones to access 5G.

After the politically charged banning of Huawei, 5G has just been this gimmicky thing because coverage is just so low and speeds that barely make a difference compared to 4G. For the layman why would they care when 4G can provide 200mb/s which is enough for up to 8K resolution streaming?

The industry needs to start thinking about lower entry prices and start pushing useful 'Internet of Things' gadgets that show people low latency matters with 5G. I have zero hope the industry understands how to sell the service.

Pooh Sheisty

Werent there numerous health concerns about 5G? Whilst some were clear unscientific, others were. I remember the studies on rats showing effects on cognition and fertility

Until I see that openly addressed, ill avoid 5G devices

mpw

I live in London and still suffer significantly poor 4G service, let alone 5G which is patchy (except for certain areas of town).

The roll-out of both 4G and 5G hasn't been fantastic.  Until companies can really map 5G across the country or, at least London, why should I invest in a higher priced phone which doesn't give me 5G super-fast service all the time?

Hunter2020

5G is mostly for industrial applications.  Giving consumers access to 5G is just the icing on top.  In this regards, the countries that tried to suppress Huawei gonna suffer massive industrial repercussions. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview