News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Potential 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 7950X with 170 W TDP to lead Raphael charge in impending Zen 4 vs Raptor Lake showdown

Started by Redaktion, March 24, 2022, 21:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 7000 series of desktop chips will allegedly challenge Intel Raptor Lake might by utilizing more power as opposed to more cores. A leaker has claimed that the top-end Ryzen 9 processor in the Zen 4-based Raphael series will stick to the familiar 16-core/32-thread configuration but offer performance gains via 170 W TDP.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Potential-16-core-AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X-with-170-W-TDP-to-lead-Raphael-charge-in-impending-Zen-4-vs-Raptor-Lake-showdown.609963.0.html

rs

RobertJasiek

Quote from: rs on March 25, 2022, 09:10:54
Please AMD, just give me an 8 core Zen 4 at 65W and an affordable price. That's all I want.

Precisely, and at Zen 4 launch instead of months delayed.

PetergLaw

Quote from: rs on March 25, 2022, 09:10:54
Please AMD, just give me an 8 core Zen 4 at 65W and an affordable price. That's all I want.

What's the 65W about, are you guys running mini ITX or HTPCs?

RobertJasiek

Regardless of case size, 65W can be run under maximum load at low noise more easily than higher TDPs.

rs

Quote from: PetergLaw on March 25, 2022, 12:06:53
What's the 65W about, are you guys running mini ITX or HTPCs?
Yes, I prefer SFF systems with low heat and low noise. Much more fun to play with than expensive and noisy space heaters.

Hardware Geek

I'm just hoping with the igp rumored to be in all the ryzen 7000 series processors, we'll see a 16 core mobile part from AMD

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview