News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung starts selling robust USB Type-C memory sticks with up to 256 GB of memory

Started by Redaktion, March 21, 2022, 18:44:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung has expanded its range of rugged USB 3.1 memory sticks. The compact devices offer up to 400 MB/s read speeds and come in 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB flavours.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-starts-selling-robust-USB-Type-C-memory-sticks-with-up-to-256-GB-of-memory.609345.0.html

Erik

"While Samsung boasts that its new drives support up to 400 MB/s sequential read speeds, this is only true of the 64 GB and 128 GB editions. By contrast, Samsung limits the 64 GB edition to 300 MB/s for some reason."

There's a typo here, of course. 400 MB/s is for 128 GB and 256 GB models, the 64 GB model is limited to 300 MB/s.

The read speeds are actually kind of interesting, similar products selling for comparable prices are closer to 100/150 MB/s, but despite the compact format it doesn't really make up for the lack of a flash card reader in recent Samsung flagships, personally I've been using Type C earphones after they killed the 3.5mm port, so I can't really spare the type C port for a semi-permanently attached pendrive...

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Erik on March 21, 2022, 23:07:03
personally I've been using Type C earphones after they killed the 3.5mm port, so I can't really spare the type C port for a semi-permanently attached pendrive...

Clearly, you need a USB-C dock hanging off of your phone ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview