News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new Alienware x14 is almost too thin for a Gaming Laptop

Started by Redaktion, March 20, 2022, 14:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Laptops tend to get thinner every year, but is this really a good thing for a gaming system? We are not sure and the new Alienware x14 shows that a thin chassis requires compromises in terms of performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-Alienware-x14-is-almost-too-thin-for-a-Gaming-Laptop.609109.0.html

Sean Pecor

I replaced my Alienware 17R4 with a new Alienware x17. Aside from the speed improvement, it feels like a downgrade. All the ports are in the back which is less convenient than the model it replaces. Further, when you drop $4,000 for a laptop in 2022, the webcam should NOT be a grainy circa 2012 720P webcam (wtf). And the 17R4 had a lovely full size mechanical keyboard. The new x17's keyboard is not only not full size, but it has non standard placement of certain often used keys which is maddening. It's likely to be the last Alienware I purchase, and I have been a customer since the early 2000s.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview