News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG's OLED TVs could be in trouble: Amazon leaks lower-than-expected prices for the Samsung QD-OLED TV lineup

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2022, 16:05:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It looks like the prices for the 34-inch ultra-wide QD-OLEDs was not a fluke, since even the 55-inch and 65-inch Samsung QD-OLED TVs appear to be priced lower than anticipated. According to the Amazon leak, Samsung's new TVs will be priced even lower than LG's C2 OLEDs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-s-OLED-TVs-could-be-in-trouble-Amazon-leaks-lower-than-expected-prices-for-the-Samsung-QD-OLED-TV-lineup.608819.0.html

DF

Samsung is about to find out that Dolby Vision and price matter more than a  mild technical superiority in image.  Remember that when the LG 'EX' models come brighter they'll need to use the white subpixel less so they'll have an expanded gamut as well narrowing the difference.  Meanwhile consumers are pretty much all in on Dolby Vision and a better price plus a feature they demand is likely to keep the ball heavily in LG's court.
Lastly remember the quantity of available QD OLED sets is going to be very limited.  That will initially boost demand when people hear "out of stock"  thinking it must be super popular.  But remember this impacts warranty claims too.  Some people getting bad screens out  of the box are having to wait months for a restock to come their way.  These factors are not going to make for a happy consumer base.  But for Samsung it is what it is.  They foolishly bet on avoiding Dolby Vision, and if you recall the Blu Ray vs HD DVD controversy from a few decades ago you'll know that the loser is forgotten in history.  In the end even if QD OLED is superior (remember betamax?), quantity,  better price and "90% as good" will win with superior sales numbers, superior customer base, and a key feature like Dolby Vision sealing the deal.

pradeep g.k

Samsung on time delivery and service can never reach the LG Delibery and service. So no matter ever price samsung quotes its products LG will still remain king of Home Appliances market.

TruthIsThere

I would even refuse any Sammy's panels as a gift and/or sell them fast.

Sammy's QD-OLED panels are known to have chromatic aberration issues!

RyviusRan

So much Samsung hate here.
I understand it but I also realize other brands can be just as bad.
I've stuck with LED tvs mainly because of pixel degradation, burn in and low brightness of OLED.
Unfortunately Samsung is by far the best brand for LED tvs, but I've gone through 4 panels with dead pixels which is annoying.

Even if I choose another brand of TV I still might end up supporting Samsung as a lot of other TV brands use Samsung made panels or other components from Samsung.

It sucks that most industries are controlled by only a handful of companies and that is even more true for the tech industry.

Non Samsung hater

Do you really think Dolby Vision is something the average consumer cares about that much? Samsung will be brighter and cheaper and for everyone who's not a techie that's enough. Yes Samsung has terrible customer service and support but that's something most people will discover through accumulated bad experiences. Plus there needs to be some competition in the OLED market or prices will remain at a premium. Also LG is NOT participating in shutting out Russia from the global marketplace. Look it up. LG values profit over the lives of Ukrainians. I know they just make stuff most people don't really need but it could show some solidarity. It's shameful.

Cody

I'm sure you were equally enraged when America invaded Iraq under completely false pretenses slaughtering many civilians and commiting crimes against humanity. I'm sure you asked all companies to stop doing business with Americans citizens.

Truthmorelikepropaganda

Quote from: TruthIsThere on March 19, 2022, 08:23:28
I would even refuse any Sammy's panels as a gift and/or sell them fast.

Sammy's QD-OLED panels are known to have chromatic aberration issues!

So did LG since the 8 series. This comment means nothing. And how is brand new tech "known" to have this issue. Google chromatic aberration OLED, and LG is every result.

Jac

I keep seeing people say dolby vision matters but honestly I dont like when dolby vision gets triggered. At least on my tv, I cant adjust picture settings, especially local dimming on my tv, and it seems to automatically trigger motion rate settings and lock them on, which I hate with a passion.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview