News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Motorola Edge 30 Pro Smartphone Review – An Affordable Flagship, Improved

Started by Redaktion, March 15, 2022, 21:27:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While Motorola's latest flagship turned out to be more expensive than expected it does offer a fast SoC, a matte case, and a high-resolution front-facing camera. Enough for us to take a closer look at the Edge 30 Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Motorola-Edge-30-Pro-Smartphone-Review-An-Affordable-Flagship-Improved.608351.0.html

vertigo

Since when is $1k "affordable" for a phone?? That's just an absurd statement to make.

As for their claim about digital zoom being good enough to replace optical zoom, my first thought was that's doubtful, considering even with the best algorithms, it's still guessing and making up data vs actually having it, and it won't be as good or likely even close. And my second thought was that even if it was close, not on a Motorola, a brand known for years for subpar cameras. Looks like my suspicions were correct.

Medstar

Lack of guaranteed IS updates coupled with a history of devices that age poorly makes this a non starter. I wish LG would return to the market run by a manufacturer that would restore the brand to its former glory.

mjw149

Well, with inflation and long term support $1k phones are literally getting cheaper everyday.

If Moto wants to embrace plastic, I'm here for them, but it's got to be like the customizable cases of the Moto G series.

And I really don't think these second tier phone companies are doing themselves any favors by changing the design/chassis every year. Apple doesn't do that, and a second tier company needs to build an identity much more than Apple does. A customizable system would solve both issues - like Apple watches, they can customize every year with partnerships without reinventing the wheel. Keep the design but it will look fresh with minor details. Making users buy new cases every year is a false economy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview