News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

TP-Link routers and Deco Wi-Fi mesh systems caught sharing traffic with third-party vendors

Started by Redaktion, March 15, 2022, 19:16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to reports, TP-Link devices are sending data about browser behaviour to third-party providers regardless of whether people consent for them to do so. Affected devices include TP-Link routers and Deco Wi-Fi mesh systems.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/TP-Link-routers-and-Deco-Wi-Fi-mesh-systems-caught-sharing-traffic-with-third-party-vendors.608347.0.html

Henrik

I am not surprised. This is one (of several) reason why I will never allow any network devices from a Chinese company into my network.

vertigo

Quote from: Henrik on March 15, 2022, 22:21:29
I am not surprised. This is one (of several) reason why I will never allow any network devices from a Chinese company into my network.

This. Though, to be fair, Avira is a German company. Then again, it's owned by Middle-Eastern royalty. So who knows. Lots of potential fingers in those pies.

Pedro

Exactly what domains / ip-addresses are accessed ... publish that and we can block the access with DNS or firewall rules

_MT_

Quote from: Henrik on March 15, 2022, 22:21:29
Consumer-grade devices are in general not ideal. You get gimmicks at the cost of robustness and security.

ANAND

I think this article is highly sponsored by competitors. It is just hyping the matter.
X60 TPLINK MESH DECOs are all safe and there is nothing to fear. I totally disagree with this damaging article.
TP LINK is very safe and stop believing everything on the net....You can safely use DECO Mesh on your router to enhance the WIFI speed and coverage. We are happy to use X60 and now I am buying TP LINK DECO X95....CHEERS

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview