News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 and ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 launched: Intel SKUs get upgraded to Alder Lake vPro while AMD options still remain at Ryzen Pro 5000

Started by Redaktion, March 15, 2022, 14:00:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has announced the ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 and ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 today with reduced chassis dimensions, lesser weight, and narrower bezels. The Intel variants, called the Gen 3i, get upgrades to Intel Alder Lake vPro up to the Core i7 while the AMD variants continue to be based on the Ryzen Pro 5000 APUs. Both the ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 and ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 now offer FHD webcams, and the Intel variants get several battery capacities to choose from.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L14-Gen-3-and-ThinkPad-L15-Gen-3-launched-Intel-SKUs-get-upgraded-to-Alder-Lake-vPro-while-AMD-options-still-remain-at-Ryzen-Pro-5000.608270.0.html

Anonym

QuoteWe are not sure why Lenovo hasn't considered an upgrade to Ryzen Pro 6000 given that these enterprise APUs have already been announced by AMD.
It's likely that RDNA needs DDR5 to perform well, so Lenovo are sticking with Vega whenever there are DDR4 RAM slots to populate.

potato

It's about time Lenovo moved to Ryzen 6000... There's laptops out there with those chips already. Cheaping out won't make people too willing to buy these laptops.

hjk

Does it have 2 free ram slots?
If it does this model will become the first choice for me, with reduced weight and great upgrade options

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview