News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5000 WX series led by the 5995WX that trounces two Intel Xeon Platinum 8280s

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2022, 16:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has announced the new Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5000 WX series today lead by the flagship Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5995WX. The new Threadrippers offer the same core counts as the previous generation but now come with increased boost clocks and an upgrade to the Zen 3 architecture. AMD touts that the performance of the Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5995WX is significantly higher than even a dual-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8280.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-launches-Ryzen-Threadripper-Pro-5000-WX-series-led-by-the-5995WX-that-trounces-two-Intel-Xeon-Platinum-8280s.607070.0.html

systemBuilder22

Why do we care? 

If this part is only for OEMs, then AMD threadripper is dead to me.  I have had VERY negative experiences with PC OEMs.  Anywhere from NewEgg using "bundles" to move exploding power supplies, to the attractively priced but absolutely horrible Dell Alienware RTX3080 PCs which overheat and are completely proprietary with 1-2 gen outdated CPUs.

OEMs use these flagship parts to dispose of their garbage parts.  I have never seen an OEM build that was rationally spec'ed at a fair price. 

Threadripper is dead to me.  Don't bother with to write new articles about it, please.

Dandu3

OEM builds aren't supposed to give good value for money. And yeah, those systems are crap, but they work. And I'm not really pleased with how gamers nexus portrays these systems. They've all been proprietary and completely non standard for years. Over a decade. Easily. That's how the whole industry is because fucking deal with it. If you're interested in upgrading anything at all then just like BUILD YOUR OWN.

These are business PCs and if you've never had one then it's clear you have no idea what they are or why these gaming PCs are all proprietary: IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE BASED ON THEIR BUSINESS PCS. And why are the business PCs proprietary af?

BECAUSE I WANNA BE ABLE TO SWAP YOUR MOTHERBOARD IN 5 MINUTES AND BE DONE WITH IT. OR YOUR PSU IN 2.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview