News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla using one of the big LFP battery advantages to remedy dead 12V units on the new 2022 Model 3

Started by Redaktion, March 06, 2022, 13:16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An issue with the new 2022 Model 3 and Model Y LFP batteries has left drivers stranded without a charge in both the main and the auxiliary 12V packs. The LFP battery calibration may be the culprit and Tesla now recommends that all owners who got the early Model 3 deliveries charge to 100% at least once a week to remedy the problem.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-using-one-of-the-big-LFP-battery-advantages-to-remedy-dead-12V-units-on-the-new-2022-Model-3.606788.0.html

geemy

wow, it sucks to have such an experience on you first day of owning a brand new car...
Tesla's lack of consideration sucks too. they are really building a bad customer relationship. they are happy to have lot of demand, supply chain issue affecting every manufacturer and driving the prices up, some technological edge over the competition, crazy profits right now, meaning people are just happy to get a car they overpaid.
But things change,  and if/when they have 4680 batteries pumping out a huge number of batteries, and more solid competition, one day they won't have 1 year backlog and will be looking for more customers. Not caring about customers will hurt them in the long term

CG Rice

I wrote a follow-up to the "Tesla's LFP (iron) batteries compared. Which one should you buy?" The article outlines the strong environmental advantages of the LFP batteries:  "Why Tesla LFP Batteries Are More Environmentally Friendly" but I see I am not allowed to include the link. If you are interested, go to noteateslaapp news.

Or, if you only have 4 minutes (and like music!), I've summarized this in (of all things), a song. So You Want An Electric Car? As no links are allowed for me, you'll have to find it yourself on YouTube.

mixedfish

Never understood why in Tesla they deliberately make it difficult to access the 12V battery. Being able to jump start that is one of the most important basic driver skills when using a for road trips.

Steve E

"The main differences for you to consider are that the LFP battery has a slightly shorter range, 253 miles, as opposed to the NCA battery, 263 miles. But that slight difference in range is deceptive. The NCA battery probably shouldn't be charged to 100%. Fully charging the battery causes damage to the battery making it likely to deteriorate over the years of ownership. It's perfectly fine to charge the LFP battery to 100% so the driver experience is pretty much the same except for a couple caveats."

This quote, which appears to be attributed to Musk, looks like it's something from the website notateslaapp.com.  Could you please clarify who really said this?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview