News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Gen2 AMD laptop in review - Fast, enduring Ryzen ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2022, 15:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's ThinkPad L-series is often even the choice over the T- or X-series for price- and quality-conscious customers. Rightly so, and accordingly the ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 AMD is also a slim but still very robust 13-inch ultrabook with an AMD processor, which not only has a very positive impact on the performance, but also on the battery life, temperatures and noise!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L13-Gen2-AMD-laptop-in-review-Fast-enduring-Ryzen-ultrabook.605249.0.html

K

Chinese brands need to condemn Russian invasion independently, or it will be a tough sell from now on...

plin

Buyers beware: The majority on new Thinkpads have durable chassis but with a very serious weak point: USB-C charging port is soldered on the motherboard, and cannot be repaired by the official service! You need to change whole motherboard!
Unfortunately MIL-STD is not checking durability while charging.
My Thinkpad E15 fell while charging and USB port broke. Cost for motherboard changing: almost 600€! 

Indycat

1.8 mm key travel. What would you say? Is 1.5 mm or 1.8 mm the optimum, or something in between, say 1.65 mm?

Marvin Gollor

Quote from: plin on March 03, 2022, 20:02:44
Buyers beware: The majority on new Thinkpads have durable chassis but with a very serious weak point: USB-C charging port is soldered on the motherboard, and cannot be repaired by the official service! You need to change whole motherboard!
Thanks for the Info, I will Look into that!

Quote from: Indycat on March 04, 2022, 15:09:56
1.8 mm key travel. What would you say? Is 1.5 mm or 1.8 mm the optimum, or something in between, say 1.65 mm?

The isolated factor alone is not adequate enough to describe a good keyboard imo, I tried very good 1,2mm key travel keyboards but also worse 1,5mm keyboards like from recent X1 Carbon. Even some 1,8mm keyboards are too mushy. For Thinkpads in particular I prefer 1,65mm and up. The 2,5mm Thinkpad T60 keyboard is the best one I ever used, right after that comes the X1 Extreme up to Gen 3 with 1,8mm travel. Some keyboards fail to implement their travel distance well so that it leads to much slower typing (not springy enough). While I like to type on mechanical keyboards like from the Gigabyte Aorus 17 from last year with 2,5mm distance I am alot faster on X1 Extremes Keyboard. But it comes down to personal preference and priority. I can,t type well on latest macbook keyboards but I would consider them as good enough and being able to adopt to despite the low travel
ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 (8-Core + 4K matte)

_MT_

How does the "end" key work? I want the F1-F12 keys without having to press the fn key, but I also want the end key as well. Looking at the keyboard, it doesn't look promising. I can either have the F1-F12 or end but not both without the need to press fn. Can it be fixed through configuration/ BIOS? I would rather give up insert altogether than this.

Kons

Quote from: _MT_ on March 07, 2022, 19:19:39
How does the "end" key work? I want the F1-F12 keys without having to press the fn key, but I also want the end key as well. Looking at the keyboard, it doesn't look promising. I can either have the F1-F12 or end but not both without the need to press fn. Can it be fixed through configuration/ BIOS? I would rather give up insert altogether than this.

I have a L14 and it has a similar keyboard. This L13 also has Home, End in the upper right but I prefer to use Fn+LeftArrow for Home and Fn+RightArrow for End.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview