News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Exynos Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra shows worse battery life and video recording than the Snapdragon model

Started by Redaktion, March 01, 2022, 08:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Yet again, it appears owners of the Exynos model of Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S22 Ultra, get the short end of the stick. Going by side-by-side comparisons, the Exynos 2200-powered phones display both worse battery life and video recording.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Exynos-Samsung-Galaxy-S22-Ultra-shows-worse-battery-life-and-video-recording-than-the-Snapdragon-model.604775.0.html

Z Slide

Stand-by is the only test that shows significant difference and that's also Exynos' biggest weakness.
The other tests are like 1% apart which could very well be misreporting in battery percentage or simply minimal differences that get rounded. For Instagram it could simply have to do with different feeds with more or less videos and Instagram as it's known for very poor optimization across the board.

Klaus88

I own the exynos version, but I don't see those standby draining at all.
With the same settings (but tons of messaging programs like outlook, email, gmail, telegram, wa, skype, teams, twitter, facebook and discord, all active, and a lot of websites with various updates), I get a power consumption similar to snapdragon.

Or the test is misconducted, or there is a high cleaness dispersion yield in samsung fab production (and my SoC is a fortunate one)

LOL

Exynos is an inferior product. In other news, water is wet.

The first gen product of anything is usually crappy and disappointing, give it a few more years before the Samsung-AMD alliance starts reaping rewards.

Condolences to the S22 customers in Europe and some other countries for being free beta testers for Samsung.

Not Tim Cooke

I have had every version of the Galaxy Note since there were first solid, I have had the S22 (Ultra 512gb, UK spec with Exynos Chip) for a week, having upgraded from a Note 20 Ultra. I have not changed how I use the new phone and it's full of bugs, it has issues with freezing, most of all when trying to take a simple photo (landscape, of various non-moving subjects). You get the subject in focus, press the shoot button and you get at least a second delay before the camera activates. In low light, you can wait for what feels like forever.

Of all the issues, I am most disappointed with the battery life. Okay, it charges far faster than my Note, but I now get at least an hour less battery use out of it. I am finding that I need to put it back on charge by 2pm (after taking it off charge at 9am).

For me, it was Samsung's last chance. Not only is the device disappointing, it costs £529 more in the UK, than if I purchased a far superior US version. Samsung has priced the S22 Ultra 512gb @ $1,600 in the US and £1,600 in the UK. Yet, when you check exchange rates, £1,600 is USD 2,129.

Rip-off.

Next move for me will be the iPhone 14 Pro Max in September. It may have far fewer freedoms, but there's no 2nd class customers in Apple's eyes.  >:(

Not Tim Cooke

Quote from: Klaus88 on March 02, 2022, 00:13:02
I own the exynos version, but I don't see those standby draining at all.
With the same settings (but tons of messaging programs like outlook, email, gmail, telegram, wa, skype, teams, twitter, facebook and discord, all active, and a lot of websites with various updates), I get a power consumption similar to snapdragon.

Or the test is misconducted, or there is a high cleaness dispersion yield in samsung fab production (and my SoC is a fortunate one)

Check out the YouTube channel "MrWhoseTheBoss", he posted a side-by-side comparison on Monday. The test saw the S22 come 4th to Pixel 6, Note 20, S21 and iPhone.

Samsung has really screwed European customers.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Not Tim Cooke on March 02, 2022, 11:38:47there's no 2nd class customers in Apple's eyes.

Not in the way of your Samsung experience but in different ways. (Example: Want to reject the iCloud terms? Be prepared having to reject it twice per day and be inhibited to update via WLAN.)

krisalex79

battery drain, also depends on how much apps you have installed and what they do, but in this case the Exynos processor is slower, eats more energy and being honest, i do not know what is wrong with Samsung, serving us a trash processor European Union. Truth is Samsung needs to scrap the exynos as a failure, and deliver Snapdragon processors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview