News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The first electric car with solid-state battery announced has pack with the energy density of a regular one

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2022, 16:50:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Dongfeng E70 electric sedans were announced as the world's first commercially available electric vehicles with a solid-state battery when they were delivered as part of a taxi fleet. Now the energy density of the E70's battery pack and its range on a charge have been outed, and they are pretty run-of-the-mill.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-first-electric-car-with-solid-state-battery-announced-has-pack-with-the-energy-density-of-a-regular-one.605009.0.html

Jeff Green

I'm looking over the specs and it isn't making sense to me at the moment. Different amphours for the same size dimension of batteries.

Dmac

Notice how they ignore the weight diffrence. There apears to be a 143kg diffrence between the new solid (simi or whatever) state pack and the standard model 3 pack they are using for comparison. That is definitely a step in the right direction. Less weight on the car means it will require less energy to move it.

Mark Proper

I would rather have a gasoline powered car that charges a cell as i drive and then gives me additional 250 miles mpg because it switches to electricity....i believe i could even get more mpg with like a larger light weight V8 perhaps not so vexed with a battery charger. . Who knows and cares, maybe if the technology is a wheel that spins within a wheel that engages on flat ground... i mean how would you sell something that you know would need more power climbing up a hill? And downhill is pretty much relevant. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview