News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Toyota bZ4X is coming this year with a longer-lasting battery and free charging for 12 months

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2022, 15:11:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Toyota has recently revealed that the batteries it has built through a joint venture with Panasonic retain over 90% of its capacity after ten years. The company has also announced a free charging deal for US customers in partnership with EVGo.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Toyota-bZ4X-is-coming-this-year-with-a-longer-lasting-battery-and-free-charging-for-12-months.604989.0.html

mixedfish

This is why Toyota is the number 1 car company in the world. Everyone else is busy with gimmicks like fast acceleration and giant ipads entertainment functions, they can't even back up their own quality with a warranty greater than 70% charge after 7-8 years.

Toyota just comes out with 90% after 10 years. That's the definition of confidence.

mjw149

Toyota fought against higher MPG standards in the US despite making hybrids for years and advertising themselves as a 'green' company. They sell more gas guzzling SUVs than anybody, too, like 9 models or more. I won't be buying electric from them.

anan

This is good news. Granted Tesla owners have reported 90% remaining capacity on their oldest model S's. This seems to have been doable for a long time but no one has committed to guaranteeing it. My guess is that Toyota will put a lot of asterisks on that guarantee.
To gripe a bit - in 2020 I was looking to buy a Rav4 hybrid in EU. At the time I found out that those are still on NiMn batteries. Those have terrible downsides in car hybrid implementation. The only upside - those are way safer than Lion. Toyota was still using them purely because they could not get the production capacity for Lion for their most popular models. I went with a petrol VW Tiguan with a lower spec petrol engine. It cost more than the Rav4 hybrid. Just the reality of how things stand.
Too bad Toyota could not make a breakthrough in solid-state batteries. I thought that if anyone could - it was them. But that did not pan out and the current implementation is a compromise.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview