News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s G3: First 90 Hz OLED panel for the ThinkPad T series

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2022, 09:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The flagship of the T series was renovated last year, and another redesign is happening this year, due to the change toe 16:10 screens. Another focus: The new Intel Alder Lake CPUs and AMD Ryzen 6000, as well as a new screen option.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14s-G3-First-90-Hz-OLED-panel-for-the-ThinkPad-T-series.604879.0.html

Zephxiii

Anonym

Quote from: Zephxiii on February 28, 2022, 21:49:21
Lack of mechanical dock and ethernet is unacceptable for deployment.
They may get away with it if (and only if) working from home becomes the de facto standard.

Mechanical docks were a must "in the before times" because those blended the convenience of a single docking/eject motion with the best available physical security when the key was turned. That mattered when people worked in a shared workspace and the company had legal obligations to ensure data physical security (e.g., a contract that mandated compliance). However, if they work from home those requirements are now much more relaxed -- that physical security becomes the door locks of the home as it no longer is a shared workspace; drive encryption assures all other considerations.

Similarly, the ethernet connection was a must because of the scale and challenges of managing/"keep running" a computer fleet within a single building. However, if people work from home it makes virtually no difference if they connect via WiFi or ethernet -- the same remote admin tools that support the work from home usecase will work either way and, usually, the employee prefers the freedom that WiFi gives to move around the house.

Now, they would be screwed if we return to the "before times" and people start coming back to a shared workspace. I say would because their competitors are also going in a similar direction -- it's hard to lose costumers when there is no viable competition doing thing differently.

Brad Collins

I've got to agree with Anonym about the dock - before USB-C / Thunderbolt there is no way I'd accept a laptop without them but now I just don't see that it matters. Wireless has also improved and isn't a speed issue now whereas again it once was.

My only real concern with these specs is that some of the panels are less than 400nits in brightness - why?

SaiSan

EpicGamer4Morbillion

Bruh we're almost in September and the US is still stuck with that god awful atrocious 1200p panel smh

waynez

What's the point of this article? You can't buy this with OLED anywhere, there is no stated reason why or stated date of release for it. Trainwreck as usual with modern product releases.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview