News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G3 & ThinkPad T16: New workhorses with 16:10 & easier maintenance

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2022, 09:01:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad T series is the most well known ThinkPad series, apart from the X1 ThinkPads maybe. Lenovo describes the ThinkPad laptops of the T line as workhorses and the workhorses receive a huge upgrade at MWC 2022. This includes a new chassis design, 16:10 screens and the newest processor for ThinkPad T14 G3 and T16 G1.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-G3-ThinkPad-T16-New-workhorses-with-16-10-easier-maintenance.604881.0.html

Glitch

Was it really that problematic to include USB4...one of the main features of the new AMD platform and the thing we've been waiting for. Ahh.

Thomas M

I'm suffering with you. I've been waiting desperately for years now to replace my T440p with an AMD based ThinkPad that supports Thunderbolt AND has an Ethernet jack. Seems like I can once again wait a year?

Chris Brown

easy, just get the 14s.  It's like the 14 but with usb4.  Why?  well Lenovo seems to miscalculate all sorts of stuff.  Even LG has moved their latest laptops from 1.5mm to 1.65mm key travel.  Lenovo is always a year or two late to the party....  and no SD card reader?  what?

Xajel

Quote from: Glitch on February 28, 2022, 11:19:03
Was it really that problematic to include USB4...one of the main features of the new AMD platform and the thing we've been waiting for. Ahh.

I've heard that AMD is still working on the drivers, even laptops like the G14 doesn't have USB4 support, and IIRC one of the reviews mentioned that the drivers will come later. But I don't know if its only a driver and it will work or it will require a different hardware revision.

arty_a

Damn, only DDR4-3200 for the Intel model? Why? Just why?..
I really don't feel like going with T14s. Giving up the RJ45 port for faster RAM is not a fair tradeoff!

Glitch

Quote from: Xajel on March 01, 2022, 08:22:29
Quote from: Glitch on February 28, 2022, 11:19:03

I've heard that AMD is still working on the drivers, even laptops like the G14 doesn't have USB4 support, and IIRC one of the reviews mentioned that the drivers will come later. But I don't know if its only a driver and it will work or it will require a different hardware revision.

It does seem, at this point, like a deliberate gimping decision or a typo in the spec sheet. The T14s AMD will have USB4.0, T14 AMD won't.

So it's unlikely to be drivers fault...

My main concern with the T14s AMD vs the regular T14 is the thermal headroom of the thinner chassis. Even the TDP for the CPU in the spec sheet is lower between the two models.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview