News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion 5 17 - Quiet gaming laptop with an RTX 3060 GPU and AMD Ryzen CPU

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2022, 07:57:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We reviewed the Lenovo Legion 5 17, the latest gaming laptop from Lenovo, and were satisfied with the performance and noise levels. The AMD Ryzen 5 5600H and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 mobile GPU have a lot of potential without breaking the bank.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-5-17-Quiet-gaming-laptop-with-an-RTX-3060-GPU-and-AMD-Ryzen-CPU.603778.0.html

RobertJasiek

"even the performance of the hexa-core CPU is sufficient for now, since the Lenovo Legion 5 17 runs all of the latest games without any issues."

The reasoning is flawed. It is a reason why the 6-core CPU might be sufficient for 3D gamers. However, this does not make it a reason for a general purchase decision for all applications though.

More generally, calling a device a "[3D] gaming device" is misleading. The endconsumer decides whether a device fulfils his applications - it is not the PR tag "gaming" that prevents his purchase.

Whynotdairy

Please point out that lenovo places their charging port right at the exhaust area so the port fails very quickly.

The legion y540 is very well known for this defect

Dana

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 26, 2022, 08:16:58
"even the performance of the hexa-core CPU is sufficient for now, since the Lenovo Legion 5 17 runs all of the latest games without any issues."

The reasoning is flawed. It is a reason why the 6-core CPU might be sufficient for 3D gamers. However, this does not make it a reason for a general purchase decision for all applications though.

More generally, calling a device a "[3D] gaming device" is misleading. The endconsumer decides whether a device fulfils his applications - it is not the PR tag "gaming" that prevents his purchase.

Honey, you can use kitchen scissors to shave if you want, it doesn't change the fact that they are not "optimized" for it, the same thing happens, someone who wants a computer for webbrowsing and office does not buy this one, if not a lot less powerful, who wants a computer that can do a little of everything and lasts but is light enough to study, buys one with limited consumption, who buys one for editing, there is a laptop with graphics cards and drivers optimized for it, this computer, with its graphics and drivers optimized for the game is designed for that, to play, that you use it for something else does not mean that you use it "badly", it simply shines more when playing

And usually being able to handle games means that you can use it for everything, webbrowsing, office (although it consumes a lot for so little), editing (although other hardware configurations work faster) and even as a server (although it is not as easy change the hard disk in case of failure or capable of handling as many users as the hardware intended for servers)

LL

I don't understand how this is called new. I bought the 5800H version in August last year.  I am happy with it.

I also did not buy it for gaming but for 3D work. 

I agree with RobertJasiek, the media have a very weird need to compartmentalise everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview