News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gabe Newell teases Steam Deck 2 and possible new features

Started by Redaktion, February 25, 2022, 17:53:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Valve's CEO might be looking to integrate some metaverse features in the next Steam Deck iteration, as he mentions a possible VR component. Additionally, the price points might be increased, since the high-end Steam Deck model turned out to be the most popular during the pre-sales.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gabe-Newell-teases-Steam-Deck-2-and-possible-new-features.604371.0.html

Anonymousgg

Quote from: eggnogg on February 25, 2022, 17:56:29
I wonder if they'll ever make it to steam deck 3

They've created something that would work well as a mini PC even if you don't want to use it as a handheld, and it's competitively priced. For its main use as a portable gaming device, it competes with smartphones and laptops. Guess we'll find out once the initial rush wears off.

AqikFkri

Quote from: eggnogg on February 25, 2022, 17:56:29
I wonder if they'll ever make it to steam deck 3

The leaked Steam roadmap has shown that Steam will produce at least 5 more generations with AMD. AMD CEO has said their partnership will last till 2027 if not longer unless Intel becomes overkill.

I will expect an Intel 14 or 15th Gen variant very soon once AMD fails to deliver any Efficient cores which causes power consumption and heat to rise compared to intel 15th Gen CrystalLake

somebody

How about a decent screen? Give me OLED. I've seen pictures of the screen on the current 512 GB model and cancelled my reservation.

Iain

Considering a majority of reservation holders aren't expecting their Steam deck until after Q2 this year it's a kick to the teeth to hear that they're already planning the next one...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview