News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Motorola releases the Edge X30 outside China as the Edge 30 Pro and Edge Plus at surprisingly high prices

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2022, 17:39:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Motorola has released the Edge X30 outside China, but under two names. For some reason, Motorola has settled on the Edge 30 Pro in Europe and other markets, but the Edge+ or Edge Plus in North America. Either way, the handset is mighty expensive at US$999.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Motorola-releases-the-Edge-X30-outside-China-as-the-Edge-30-Pro-and-Edge-Plus-at-surprisingly-high-prices.604362.0.html

7SX

There you go.

Another company with meh products that thinks it can price its devices in the same bracket as the ultimate flagships out there. They think putting the 8 Gen 1 inside is what warrants those high price tags, not the overall experience you would expect to get for that much money, which includes for example a stable OS that receives updates consistently for a decent amount of time, cameras that aren't focused on MP count but rather produce flagship grade photography and videography especially at night time, etc...

I guess Motorola still don't realize they're going down the exact same road that got LG out of the smartphone market, releasing unappealing "flagships" for for even more unappealing prices.

FCFJNA

I guess what you meant was: 'Motorola doesn't realize...' proving that the actual subject which is meh, is you.  If you can't spell and aren't smart enough to check what you have written before you release it, who's got the real problem? What you and all the other 'flagship phone' snobs have forgotten is, this is a phone. It makes phone calls. Anything and everything past that function, is gravy. It's nice, it's interesting and occasionally it's useful.  But ultimately, except for the ability to take pictures and record videos of police murdering black people, it is all basically unnecessary. This is a TELEPHONE.

Shawn C

Don't even bother with the hype. Let's consider ALL of their previous releases from 2021 still stuck on Android 10 and lacking security updates, the last being from November 2021, while even Google is starting they should be released every quarter.
I can direct you to a forum jammed full of pissed off Motorola owners getting promise after promise from reps who could care less about having to say the same thing over and over again... "Just wait." , with no delivery of anything other than lip service.
I'm going to enjoy watching them go down with the sinking ship when they do. Tick tock, Moto. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview