News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Exynos 2200 vs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Samsung's new chipset fares worse in early real-world gaming tests

Started by Redaktion, February 22, 2022, 23:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Exynos 2200-powered Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra has now been put through the paces in a Genshin Impact gaming test. The new chipset fails to impress, and to an even worse extent than Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exynos-2200-vs-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-Samsung-s-new-chipset-fares-worse-in-early-real-world-gaming-tests.602703.0.html

dragos281993

The fact that Samsung's chip draws only 4.4W and not more is proof that the real issue is not the lack of performance but the restrictions that were put in place to not let it go even close to the SD chip. It's a new thing Samsung tried and I'm pretty sure they're working as we speak to overcome these issues.
In the end, the Exynos chip uses almost 30% less power and the numbers it puts out are pretty expected because of that. Qualcomm allowed thier Gen 1 to go to the limit. But they've just been improving upon the previous generation. They haven't strayed from their path and that gives them a better control over what to expect from their product. Samsung on the other hand is pretty much still experimenting. But I'm pretty sure they'll release a few patches in the near future to address this "end of the world matter", as people have been making it seem in the last few weeks. What's promising is that power draw. There's 30% more power it could put to good use and only when it reaches that point can we see the real difference between the 2 chips.
Until then we can only wait and see. But things will improve

Mouzy

You don't buy a new car that cost a lot of monei and can oly go 30 miles per hour and hope that one day it will go faster.

Tridents

Quote from: dragos281993 on February 23, 2022, 06:59:00
The fact that Samsung's chip draws only 4.4W and not more is proof that the real issue is not the lack of performance but the restrictions that were put in place to not let it go even close to the SD chip. It's a new thing Samsung tried and I'm pretty sure they're working as we speak to overcome these issues.
In the end, the Exynos chip uses almost 30% less power and the numbers it puts out are pretty expected because of that. Qualcomm allowed thier Gen 1 to go to the limit. But they've just been improving upon the previous generation. They haven't strayed from their path and that gives them a better control over what to expect from their product. Samsung on the other hand is pretty much still experimenting. But I'm pretty sure they'll release a few patches in the near future to address this "end of the world matter", as people have been making it seem in the last few weeks. What's promising is that power draw. There's 30% more power it could put to good use and only when it reaches that point can we see the real difference between the 2 chips.
Until then we can only wait and see. But things will improve

The Golden Reviewer videos actually show an average of 7.6W for the Snapdragon in a Motorola Edge X30, so the difference is higher than 30% (more like 70%).
Anyway Golden Reviewer iPhone 13 review shows it has better performance than the Snapdragon, with an average consumption of 4.6W.

Nayr7928

Now I want to see if the 8 Gen1 Plus will really make a difference using TSMC's node. I'm inclined to believe it will because from what I know, the Dimensity 9000 uses it and early tests shows better stability at the same or even better performance.

Vadim

It'd be more interesting to compare time to render photos rendering and so forth instead of just gaming.

Gaming is less usable case rather than photo shooting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview