News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Android apps are out of the picture for AMD Ryzen 2000-based PCs as Microsoft publishes frustrating Amazon Appstore requirements

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2022, 01:09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft has listed the Amazon Appstore requirements for running Android apps on Windows 11 and AMD Ryzen 2000 CPUs didn't make the cut. Minimum CPU requirements for Amazon Appstore include an 8th gen Intel Core i3 or above and AMD Ryzen 3000 chips or above.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Android-apps-are-out-of-the-picture-for-AMD-Ryzen-2000-based-PCs-as-Microsoft-publishes-frustrating-Amazon-Appstore-requirements.601283.0.html

Erik

Zen+ doesn't support MBEC (Mode Based Execution Control), which should impact their performance in virtualisation, still I'm curious to see whether it's an actual block or just yet more nonsense like Win11's specs. (I have a 2600x and I'm conflicted on upgrading).

heffeque

Quote from: Erik on February 21, 2022, 09:01:13
Zen+ doesn't support MBEC (Mode Based Execution Control), which should impact their performance in virtualisation, still I'm curious to see whether it's an actual block or just yet more nonsense like Win11's specs. (I have a 2600x and I'm conflicted on upgrading).
Personally I won't upgrade until I see any feature that is really worth it or necessary. For now... W10 it is. Hopefully W11 errors get ironed out by the time I'm ready (probably a couple years or three from now).

splus

There is a MUCH bigger limitation - Amazon Appstore from the Microsoft Store works ONLY in the US. The rest of the world gets the finger, no matter what CPU you have.

Russel

Amazon appstore is s***. Some popular apps that actually matter haven't been updated in ages.
You're better off installing bluestacks which would work even if you have a sandybridge and windows 7....

Alpha

It's cool how Microsoft's engineers are too lazy to do anything AMD related.  Seems like a very good reason to explore other operating systems like Chrome OS, macOS and Linux.  At launch Win11 punished AMD CPUs.  Yet had little problems with Intel's completely new big.LITTLE style implementation.

JF244

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview