News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook Fury 17 G8 Review - Mobile Workstation with 4K DreamColor Display

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2022, 22:50:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP's ZBook Fury 17 G8 is a conventional mobile workstation with powerful components. You also get a high-quality 4K Dream Color display, so the ZBook should be a good choice for content creators.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-Fury-17-G8-Review-Mobile-Workstation-with-4K-DreamColor-Display.600257.0.html

LL

With only 6Gb VRAM that thing is very limited for professional work with GPU render engines like Cycles X(Blender), Unreal, Redshift, Vray GPU etc.
12Gb should be the minimum.

LL

And the 80w maximum GPU power is a disgrace for that propose. Basically this a CAD laptop, Obviously  do not justify the price.

RobertJasiek

The whole design is CPU-heavy. Whoever needs a GPU-heavy notebook must choose a different model.

LL

13113  in Cinebench R23 multi is nothing to talk about.

3800 euro you get maybe better support, i wonder if at this level they will send you a replacement laptop if the one you own fails. That might justify the price.

GirishR

I own a Fury G8 with Xeon  W-11955M and RTX A5000. In this review the unit was tested at 21 deg C. Things change at 28 deg C which is my typical ambient temperature. In combined GPU+CPU load such as gaming the GPU stays at 80W TDP but the CPU drops down to 30W. The fans spin at around continuous 4300 rpm and the CPU GPU temps are in the 80s and 70s respectively. So the only problem is that the CPU cannot sustain more than 30W which is disappointing (Zbook 15 G5 also has similar behaviour with GPU at 50@ and CPU at 23W). So when people say that workstation machines are not meant for gaming maybe it's not out of snobbishness but rather the machine being incapable of giving full performance in gaming!

GirishR

I wanted to amend what i said earlier about the laptop struggling under a gaming load. That's true only in the 'hybrid' (Nvidia Optimus) graphics mode; when switched to dedicated graphics via UEFI and setting Windows to High perfomance power profile the processor is able to maintain between 40-45W TDP with the GPU at 80W which makes gaming possible, with the fans spinning around 5000 rpm  in 26-28C ambient. But with Windows set to Balanced profile the CPU is still capped at 30W. (In Hybrid mode the CPU cycles between 15W and 30/45W making games like RDR2 unplayable) So in the end i would say this is a great laptop, no complaints.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview