News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Model S owner trades it for a Chrysler 300 V8 on quality issues, says Tesla's charging network only good thing about it

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2022, 15:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After a two-year fight with Tesla's assembly quality, repair customer service, and interior trimmings, a Model S owner finally traded it for a Chrysler 300. The big V8 sedan checked all the boxes for them, down to the fact that they have physical knobs to control the A/C or car stereo volume while driving without looking to a screen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-S-owner-trades-it-for-a-Chrysler-300-V8-on-quality-issues-says-Tesla-s-charging-network-only-good-thing-about-it.600237.0.html

Anonym

As much as I dislike some of Tesla's quality assurance practices, a clear pattern emerges for "poor choices" quality wise.

sorin

Hey, you can't blame him. Tesla batteries aren't environmentally-friendly
either. The media likes to forget about this part.

Scottt

Frankly, the fact this gentleman prefers the Chrysler over a Tesla S says it all. He did not buy the car that fit his needs or desires when he bought the model S. They make many different automobiles for good reasons. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Wish him the best of luck.

JohnW

danwat1234

Quote from: sorin on February 16, 2022, 16:25:39
Hey, you can't blame him. Tesla batteries aren't environmentally-friendly
either. The media likes to forget about this part.
They are far more environmentally friendly than driving a V8 car!
Battery recycling will be big business soon.

mixedfish

Quote from: Scottt on February 16, 2022, 22:36:15
Frankly, the fact this gentleman prefers the Chrysler over a Tesla S says it all. He did not buy the car that fit his needs or desires when he bought the model S. They make many different automobiles for good reasons. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Wish him the best of luck.

The problem is that manufacturers think that just because you transition to an EV everything else has to be reinvented. The most simplest, elegant and safest solutions are modified for the sake of change.

There is nothing wrong with more technology but for instance digital controls for volume is extremely dumb since audio by nature is an analogue concept and the biggest reason why a volume knob is a must is for fine tuning. It's not the deal breaker for Tesla but it says a lot about their philosophy on design: it's not designed for humans.

Brent Nelson

I think electric cars have a place for those who want them. But they are not a 100% practical for everyone.  I have not heard a lot of people talking about how much pollution it takes to make these batteries. Or when  The cars get wrecked and the batteries get  Smashed And are no longer usable there is no place to recycle the batteries. So all we're doing is trading one problem for another. With the modern technology we could get gas engines and diesel engines to burn lot  Cleaner, WithTheir Engine  computers.

ICE Man

I honestly don't understand how people are willing to pay so much for a Tesla, the quality of the product just doesn't justify the cost. Really the M3 is about the same value as a Honda Accord, so you should be able to buy the hardware for about $25k then be forced to subscribe to use the charging network and to get optional OTA updates along with FSD for say $500/month. In my opinion that is the only part of Tesla that is compelling, the hardware product is on par with Honda, not bad for a $25k car, absurd for something double that!

Troy D Botteon

There is no way on god's green earth I would trade a Tesla model S for Chrysler 300. You have to be totally kidding me that someone wrote about this? A gas guzzling V8 at that. No more being charged and ready to go every morning, that's for sure. Just keep on polluting with the exhaust, brake dust and all the other leaks that thing will have on years to come. You're missing the point, electric cars are making headway to change the future. Hopeful solar charged one-day. There's no Chrysler 300, platinum or not, going to be better or faster then the model S, even non performance. Not only that, no autopilot. I cannot drive a regular car anymore. It's stressful. A Tesla removes all that extra stress during driving.

Cyber Tesla

Quote from: Troy D Botteon on February 17, 2022, 05:38:14
There is no way on god's green earth I would trade a Tesla model S for Chrysler 300. You have to be totally kidding me that someone wrote about this? A gas guzzling V8 at that. No more being charged and ready to go every morning, that's for sure. Just keep on polluting with the exhaust, brake dust and all the other leaks that thing will have on years to come. You're missing the point, electric cars are making headway to change the future. Hopeful solar charged one-day. There's no Chrysler 300, platinum or not, going to be better or faster then the model S, even non performance. Not only that, no autopilot. I cannot drive a regular car anymore. It's stressful. A Tesla removes all that extra stress during driving.

Steveoooooooooo

This sounds like a Tesla hater just making up a story, nobody buys such a expensive futuristic electric car then downgrades to a slow dinosaur

Chas

I am not surprised the guy bought a Chrysler 300. Do you know how long these cars were in production now? Way over 15 years and there's a reason for that. They're well worth the money, well built, reliable, up-to-date technology and easy to get parts and very powerful and economical to run. I won't touch a Tesla for nothing. I have been hearing about their bad quality for years, but people most buy them for status and to say they own a Tesla. I'd buy an electric vehicle from a real car dealer but never Tesla. Tesla's in the business strictly to make money. They don't have a clue about mechanics or quality control. I'd buy another Fiat or Alfa Romeo before a Tesla.

Zyca

I wouldn't blame him for wanting a car where a lot of controls can be adjusted without looking.

I do question his taste on styling... As that really is one of the ugliest car around.  Also, Chrysler were never really big on reliability, at least not in the last few decades...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview