News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Verdict Microsoft Surface Duo 2: The software does not do the smartphone justice

Started by Redaktion, February 08, 2022, 16:14:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Surface Duo 2 is a good iteration of the Surface Duo series. As our review of the foldable phone shows, however, Microsoft still has a lot of work to do - this also applies to the direct comparison with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Verdict-Microsoft-Surface-Duo-2-The-software-does-not-do-the-smartphone-justice.597880.0.html

Hardware Geek

"Due to the fact that Microsoft as the creators of the Windows operating system and office software suite have ample experience in the software development field, one may expect a perfectly polished user interface from the Surface Duo 2."

Considering I use multiple versions of  Windows and Office on computers at work, and have been building computers since the days of windows 3.1, the last thing I expect from Microsoft is perfectly polished software. I expect buggy, inconsistent, and even completely broken software.

Gary Baker

This phone may be a disappointment to many users, but it is the perfect form factor for me in my Microsoft environment.  The proof is in the pudding- not in any lack of this or lack of that.   My use of my three surface computer (a SP3, SP4, and SP7 has dropped to 10% of my non-work time- and are hardly ever used.   I can travel to a conference and use Office tools- if serious I can use small foldable keyboard and be 95% as productive.   

Gestures work for me once set up, the annoyance of Google and Microsoft authenticator is gone with the two screens, and the native apps work for me.  In addition to audio books, now Kindle allows me to read in my down-time.

Frankly, my only fear is that it will just go away and die- and I will be left without this productivity powerhouse that is all in with my work and personal uses.  If I had to give up everything I use at work and home- this is what I would keep. 

Like any phone, you just have to use it and adjust yourself- do that and you will be surprised what you can do.  Reviewers just pick and whine about this hardware spec and that software pecadillo. Just get over it and use the damn machine- and adjust yourself to this unique form factor.

I am an old fellow, have used Windows since the beginning- and between 3.1, the Surface collection, and my loved but passed on Lumia Windows phone- this is my go-to device- as a technology manager and personal multi-user. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview