News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Intel Core i7-12700H dispatches the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX in performance and efficiency benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2022, 17:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core i7-12700H is showing itself as not only a powerful processor, but also a comparatively efficient one. Surprisingly, the Alder Lake processor matches the Apple M1 Pro's performance per watt at 40 W in benchmark suites like Cinebench R23. The Core i7-12700H sees off representatives from the Ryzen 5000 series too, such as the Ryzen 7 5800H and the Ryzen 9 5900HX.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Intel-Core-i7-12700H-dispatches-the-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900HX-in-performance-and-efficiency-benchmarks.597755.0.html

abstractexchangeimagine

Need to compare PERFOMANCE PER WATT.  All other comparisons a nosense. Intel core i7 12700H has same perfomance as Apple M1, but Intel core i7 12700H consume 2 times more electricity than Apple M1. Thus no any meaning in comparison, the 100w motor give more perfomance than the 50w motor.

NaimWH

Quote from: abstractexchangeimagine on February 05, 2022, 07:46:08
Need to compare PERFOMANCE PER WATT.  All other comparisons a nosense. Intel core i7 12700H has same perfomance as Apple M1, but Intel core i7 12700H consume 2 times more electricity than Apple M1. Thus no any meaning in comparison, the 100w motor give more perfomance than the 50w motor.
The graph plotted by Hardware Unboxed shows CPU power(Watts) on the X-axis and Cinebench performance scores on the Y-axis. Is that not a measurement of performance-per-watt? I think you have what you're looking for.

Enthusiast

Read more carefully before you comment. The graph shows that at the same X-Axis (Watt) Intel i7-12700H has the same performance as Apple M1.

Ayoh

I don't believe HW unboxed are measuring the power fairly. 40w for the M1 CB score is wall power and 40w for the Intel system would be CPU power only. See the results for the 11th gen Intel vs m1 Max i the anadtech review on page 3. The Wall power is much higher for the Intel system compared to the M1. I doubly Intel has improved the efficiency of their CPU 2-3x in one generation. HW u boxed is not measuring power properly

Anonymousgg

Tanishw Hooda

Correction it has 6 performance core and 8 efficient, above the core scaling chart but yeh i wish it was opposite

Bob Saget

When you fanboy apple so hard you cannot comprehend a basic graph. Maybe go back to middle school instead of shilling for apple on the internet lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview